DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Weather - Not good

Peregrine

Reactions
Doesn't look the greatest week for getting any flying in. Very strong winds today (you may have noticed :eek:), and pretty strong and gusty all week. Bit miffed as I have a trip to Norfolk in a few days. Was hoping to get some nice souvenir footage. Also wanted to get to grips with Litchi and Drone Harmony. What is it with me and weather dependent hobbies? :(

Tell me about it, only got mine at the weekend and it's been blowing like crazy where I live ever since, so far I've had it hovering in my dining room and that's it lol

Tell me about it, only got mine at the weekend and it's been blowing like crazy where I live ever since, so far I've had it hovering in my dining room and that's it lol

You'd have less chance of crashing it outside in the gales ;) Flying indoors is a well risky pursuit :eek:

UK weather is lousy at moment, really annoying, can only get better. At least it will be daylight till about 22:00 hrs.

I use the Windy app. Most useful for me. Very detailed.

Last edited:
Yeah no chance of flying in the next few days for me, wind and rain just about every day.

Agreed, really frustrating weather. I've booked a hotel on Portland Bill for this weekend, partly to get some video with the Mavic. Looking to high winds current though :(
Some good windmills in Norfolk if you do get a chance. Here's one I did a few months ago with my old P3A.....

It is one of the tough parts of being a drone user in the UK, I got the dog and walked out to a good spot to fly the Mavic (around 90 minutes of walking) but as I approached the open area there were strong gusts of wind. I was still thinking I'll give it a go but then as I walked further along I thought this is too risky and carried on the rest of the walk...it started spitting with rain and then started pouring when I was still around three miles away. That said I did bring it on myself by going out walking in Scotland without a waterproof jacket.

At least the Mavic is small enough that it isn't a hassle to take it with me and the dog always enjoys the walks!

John

Reactions: Peregrine
Yep weather here in the uk hasn't been great this week. Last Saturday I managed to get my mavic out for a proper flight. Even though it was a bright sunny day, it was still a pretty windy day. Got up to 200ft and was getting the high velocity message on my phone.
So brought it back down as I don't want to end up crashing it.

Around 6pm today I took it out for a bit of flight in my backyard but the winds were too much and I could see my mavic in the air moving about.

Hopefully the weather will calm down later this week so I can go and fly some more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000