DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK - withdrawal of CAA's SkyWise app

zocalo

Reactions
Just in case anyone hasn't seen the announcement from the CAA today, they are planning on shutting down their SkyWise app at the end of the month. The SkyWise web portal and email notifications on the service will, however, remain operational and continue to provide information on UK NOTAMs, regulatory issues, and so on.

Reactions: old man mavic
Curious, what is SkyWise? Looked for it on web, not seeing it. Thanks, T

Won't be a great loss given it literally hasn't work on Android at all for several years, never once sending out notifications.

Curious, what is SkyWise? Looked for it on web, not seeing it. Thanks, T
It's a portal to everything the CAA publishes, which includes NOTAMs, regulatory news and changes, consultations, and lots of other things on UK aviation, grouped into categories to help you filter it down to what you actually want to see. A lot of useful information for all sorts of people connected with, or just interested in, pretty much any aspect of civil aviation in the UK, basically.

Reactions: old man mavic
i have noticed lately that although i have the App on my phone, i still get the same notifications via E mail as well so as long as they keep coming i dont think not having the App will be a big deal

What are people using for maps in the UK?

CAA website lists “airspace alerting apps” as Drone Assist, Airmap and Drone Scene.

I just tried Drone Assist. OK for dental London, it’s ll red as one might expect.

But smaller cities and towns don’t have by colored zones, suggesting lack of restrictions!

For instance, no colored zones in Bath, much of Bristol or Oxford. A lot of the smaller towns and villages in the Cotswolds show nothing either.

Too good to be true?

Are their other sites or apps to look at?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus