DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ultra-Widescreen video

tck444

Reactions
I just bought a 21x9 Ultra-widescreen mostly because I wanted a new toy. As luck would have then lost my drone the next day. Welcome to my world.

Still enjoying the monitor and wanted to create a video and some wallpaper specifically for that aspect ratio. The short solution I found was to export the video in a 2560x1098 aspect ratio. If processing in 4K the settings would be 3840x1645. The photos would be edited in the same dimensions.

This short video was my quick results as an initial try. Comments and critiques welcome!

You can download the original MP4 file and photos at my web page; TimothyKieperPhotography.blogspot.com

I'm not opposed to things being wide - but we need a standard. I was so happy to see 1920x1080 be a standard across so many things.. then we get 4k, same aspect ratio. Then we get movies and now some TV shows with seemingly random aspect ratios... little do they know I just use the zoom option built into either the TV or Kodi to play the video.. because I paid for all these pixels and I'm going to use them dammit! lol. If it cuts off the far left/right of the shot, I never notice...

I just wish the industry as a whole could set a standard aspect ratio and be done with it.

Don't get me started on people who do vertical video when they could rotate their phone 90 degrees and actually make a watchable video! lol

/end rant.

• Haha
Reactions: THE CYBORG
I just bought a 21x9 Ultra-widescreen mostly because I wanted a new toy. As luck would have then lost my drone the next day. Welcome to my world.

Still enjoying the monitor and wanted to create a video and some wallpaper specifically for that aspect ratio. The short solution I found was to export the video in a 2560x1098 aspect ratio. If processing in 4K the settings would be 3840x1645. The photos would be edited in the same dimensions.

This short video was my quick results as an initial try. Comments and critiques welcome!

You can download the original MP4 file and photos at my web page; TimothyKieperPhotography.blogspot.com

Nice very nice, loved the pictures.

Reactions: tck444

beautiful video and nice music.

Sounds like fun, more as an experiment probably as audience with ultrawide screens is still fairly small IMO so ROI is not quite there :)
I originally started the project to have a collection of wallpaper images. I have quite a few panorama photos in a 2x1 aspect ratio and adapting those for personal use. Some are shown in the video and they are rather easy to scale or stretch without destroying the original intent of the image.

Reactions: gamayun
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada