DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ultrasonic error fail

Livio Mastrocola

Reactions
Hi all, new to this.
I have just had my drone (Mavic Pro) for a few months. All being good until few days ago, flying over land and water for few minutes until ultrasonic error warning and returned to home. As it was landing, approx 80mtrs above, the drone fell like a brick. Smashed battery, blades and gimbal seized up. Has this happened to anyone?

Yes, Ultra Sonic Error- Land Immediately and then fell from 122 ft., had a gimbal guard on, so no damage to camera. Cracked the tab that holds the rear leg in position, bent a front leg slightly ( replaced it too ), broke 3 props. It struck trees at 75 ft., which slowed its fall, spiraling straight down. IMU 2 - Code 71 Error afterwards and compass won't calibrate.

It was a ESC Board failure. I had it repaired by ThunderDrones, a member of this forum. If you live in the USA I highly recommend him.

edit:
I just noticed your not in the USA, but @Thunderdrones will share his knowledge with those that need help. I have tagged him, just post any further questions here and he will jump in next time he's online.

Last edited:
Just had the ultrasonic landing error for the first time ever. Bird has 2200 miles under her belt without problems. link to air data:
She flew back ok then dropped hard (stick down for landing) above landing spot from a few feet in the air. No damage. Safe to fly? error does not appear when powering on drone and I don't see any dirt or obstructions in the sensor screens.

@Thunderdrones
Can you recommend any testing and/or checks to perform?

Thanks for the help
Bob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone