DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to bind RC to Mavic Air

DocLat23

Reactions
What is the problem? Unable to bind RC to Mavic Air

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Instructions in manual and on-line, in addition to tips found here and on other forums.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? iPhone 7+

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Unable to get far enough into the process to get this info. However, I can connect with my phone via WiFi and the app tells me the firmware is UTD.

What Go app version are you using? Go 4 latest version

Any modification? (if so what) No

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) No

Bought a Refurbished Mavic Air flymore combo off of Amazon. Received it yesterday afternoon. Unpacked it and charged the batteries. Didn’t attempt to do anything else due to high winds and rain moving in. This morning I attempted to bind the RC to the drone following the instructions on the app with no success. Tried at least 5 times. Tried to connect with my phone via WiFi and that was successful, however the connection was dropped when I tried to update a database. That issue persisted every time I connected with the app. I don’t want to attempt a flight with just the app, I prefer the RC. I have a Mavic Mini and that flies like a dream, that made me want to take a step up, I’m hoping I didn’t get a lemon. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

What is the problem? Unable to bind RC to Mavic Air

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Instructions in manual and on-line, in addition to tips found here and on other forums.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? iPhone 7+

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Unable to get far enough into the process to get this info. However, I can connect with my phone via WiFi and the app tells me the firmware is UTD.

What Go app version are you using? Go 4 latest version

Any modification? (if so what) No

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) No

Bought a Refurbished Mavic Air flymore combo off of Amazon. Received it yesterday afternoon. Unpacked it and charged the batteries. Didn’t attempt to do anything else due to high winds and rain moving in. This morning I attempted to bind the RC to the drone following the instructions on the app with no success. Tried at least 5 times. Tried to connect with my phone via WiFi and that was successful, however the connection was dropped when I tried to update a database. That issue persisted every time I connected with the app. I don’t want to attempt a flight with just the app, I prefer the RC. I have a Mavic Mini and that flies like a dream, that made me want to take a step up, I’m hoping I didn’t get a lemon. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
I’d contact DJI with the question if you were hardwired to your computer, especially if you reflash everything. If that doesn’t solve your issue I’d send it back.

I'd try a firmware refresh using DJI Assistant 2 on the PC
(a tip is to connect the laptop to the router via a ethernet cable)
(also remember to turn on the AC when connecting to the PC)

Then I'd try the binding process - linking a remote control without a mobile device, it starts at 1:20 in the video

I was able to connect the MA to my PC and update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, however, I am unable to get the RC to connect to DJI Assistant following the instructions in the video. Any ideas?

When this happens, it is usually the phone that is the problem. Have you tried pairing the remote with the AC without the phone (as suggested by lannes)?

Tried pairing the remote without the phone according to the instructions in the video. No joy. I have a iPhone 6 Plus that I’m going to try, however, at this point I’m thinking the remote is DRT. (dead right there) Time to see what DJI can do for me.

Tried pairing the remote without the phone according to the instructions in the video. No joy. I have a iPhone 6 Plus that I’m going to try, however, at this point I’m thinking the remote is DRT. (dead right there) Time to see what DJI can do for me.

Does your RC charge ?
Have you formatted the SD card in the PC, this sometimes works to fix the connection between the RC and AC, I believe some sort of card verification is in the linking process

To connect to the RC to DJI Assistant 2, it needs to be turned on as well.
Are you getting the usb connection tone ?
Do you also get the usb disconnection tone , straight after, if you do then your missing a usb driver on the pc

Last edited:
The RC charges and connects to my iPhone 7+, RC is turned on when I’m trying to connect to my PC. I do get the connect and disconnect tone. I saw a thread about missing drivers, but I can’t find the older version of the DJI assistant. I’m going to give my MacBook Air a shot in the morning.

The RC charges and connects to my iPhone 7+, RC is turned on when I’m trying to connect to my PC. I do get the connect and disconnect tone. I saw a thread about missing drivers, but I can’t find the older version of the DJI assistant. I’m going to give my MacBook Air a shot in the morning.

See if you can install the windows DJI RC usb drivers from the DJI Flight Simulator program by running the driver application that downloads with it.
This may allow the MA RC to connect to the PC, since your getting the disconnect tone
After installing the drivers reboot the PC and rerun the DJI Assistant 2

https://www.dji.com/au/downloads ... p2ebF8aAhdXEALw_wcB
  • In the DJI FS application folder on the C drive C:/program files (x86)/ DJI Flight Simulator run the driver program "dji_usb_5512_64_108" (see picture)
dji flight simulator drivers - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you for your help. Making progress.

Installing the simulator loaded the drivers and now I'm able to connect the RC to my PC. DJI Assistant 2 now recognizes the RC, and I'm able to see a list of options for firmware to load. However, when I try to install the latest version, or even return to factory pre-sets the instillation fails. I've tried multiple times, any suggestions?

Thank you for your help. Making progress.

Installing the simulator loaded the drivers and now I'm able to connect the RC to my PC. DJI Assistant 2 now recognizes the RC, and I'm able to see a list of options for firmware to load. However, when I try to install the latest version, or even return to factory pre-sets the instillation fails. I've tried multiple times, any suggestions?

What firmware is your RC showing ?

Are there any "error messages" showing up in the bottom left hand corner of the screen

Does the firmware download and then stops during the install ?
Is the RC fully charged ?

Have you tried connecting to the PC to the router directly with an ethernet cable ?

What firmware is your RC showing ? Don’t know, I was given 3 options in addition to restoring to factory settings.

Are there any "error messages" showing up in the bottom left hand corner of the screen? No

Does the firmware download and then stops during the install ? Firmware downloads to 99 percent then stops, then a software update failed message.

Is the RC fully charged ? Yes

Have you tried connecting to the PC to the router directly with an ethernet cable ? Not yet, I’m going to get a dongle from work so I can do a direct connection.

Thanks for the help.

Update: Returned it, waited until refund was processed and bought a new one. Finally got the time to unbox, charge the batteries update the firmware and have a first flight. Worked as advertised out of the box. A little too windy to stretch out her legs but first impression, she’s GTG.

I'm facing exactly the same problem as you were facing...

I guess i'll bring it back to repair also.

However it's not under warranty anymore...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121