DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to calibrate vision sensors

Brandonsarkis

Reactions
Been getting a recurring error regarding vision sensors. Happens intermittently so I just kept recalibrating from the app. Yesterday it decided the app wasn't enough and instructed me to recalibrate from the Assistant desktop app.

And the nightmare begins...

I update Assistant 2 and fire it up- firmware check, all is well. Click calibrate and the fun begins. It won't start the calibration process... it just sits there, grey start button, wheel spinning...

I disconnect one of my monitors- success! It goes to the calibration screen and... nothing. The calibration pattern never appears. I switch monitors- nothing. I am completely stuck and don't have another computer lying about.

I have a Mac Pro running 10.11.6 with dual quad core CPUs and 32gb RAM. And before you say, "update your OS" -I can't without some hacks that I just haven't had time to get around to (my CPU is "out of date" according to 's updater and can't run that newest OS)

So aside from just using a different machine (not an option anytime soon) is there a trick to getting the pattern to appear that I am unaware of? I'm running the display at naitive resolutions so surely that cannot be the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
So I figured it out. What a pain.

DJI's awful software doesn't support all resolutions. I had to cycle through resolutions, restarting the app every time, until it started working on 1600x900. Which is an unusual resolution unless you have a laptop.

Ugh.

So: cycle through rez settings until you find an acceptable one, restarting each time, on a single monitor system.

I have the same issue but on a laptop, grey start button, how to correct so I can start. Using mac air

Got it working but the calibration screen is white, should there be something else

Got it working but the calibration screen is white, should there be something else

Read my solution above. That's how I got it working.

Summary: find a resolution that works. Restart app after every failed attempt. And by restart, I mean close app and restart it. Don't just restart the calibration process. No need to restart bird.

Hopefully you'll find a Rez that works. I had to use 1600x900.

I got the calibration to start by changing like you stated but now the screen opens and there is nothing to measure against, just the instructions on the left side, and the sensor showing green on the bottom, but the main part of the screen is white

I got the calibration to start by changing like you stated but now the screen opens and there is nothing to measure against, just the instructions on the left side, and the sensor showing green on the bottom, but the main part of the screen is white

I'd say you need to keep trying resolutions until the dots appear. It's what I had to do and it took ages. Also- if you were using an external monitor and unplugged it, restart the computer. That helped for me as well.

Got it working, thanks for the help but when it goes to download it's gets to 85% and stops

Make sure you're up to date- I refreshed my firmware and recalibrated my IMU and Compass before starting. Also, people on here say to calibrate cold so don't let it warm up. Another thing- try to use a USB cable that came with it. I had to switch to a longer one but it still worked. I had to try a few to find one that would work.

Also, calibration on my Dell Inspiron 3000 laptop hangs at 85% for half an hour every time I try it with DJI Assistant 1.0.9. Mavic is on latest available firmware as of this post.

Another thing I found: In 1.0.8, it claimed my laptop's 12-inch screen was too small to calibrate, but now it lets me do the calibration process even though it hangs at 85% every time so far.

Also also: Apparently it will always say "Incorrect alignment method" if the Mavic is connected through a USB 3.0 port, but lets me try calibration if the Mavic is connected through the USB 2.0 port.

Reactions: nightmare
I am having a similar problem. I got a vision system error so I recalibrated with the app, which was successful, but now I have a message saying "calibrate vision system using DJI assistant on PC or Mac for higher accuracy". I have been trying all day to do so, dji assistant ver 1.0.9 wouldn't connect to the mavic, so I had to use 1.0.7, which connected, but I can't start the calibration. Just get the grey pinwheel. All I have is a laptop PC, when I try to change the screen resolution it only gives me one option (1366×768). Does anyone have an idea? Do I just need to try it on a friends computer?

Having same issue stuck on 85% using macbook air El Capitan 10.11.6. wasted whole day trying to figure this out and still not fixed!! so annoying!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr