DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to get mavic pro to complete the imu calibration.

spinbp5er

Reactions
Hello everyone, I’ve apparently got an issue w/calibrating the imu. The calibration goes through and passes the first 3 movements (flat, right side, left side) but when I put it back on flat for the final calibration it does not conclude, it does nothing. I e even waited up to 30 minutes and shut the mavic off, the controller of and reset the app on my iPhone and re-started the process 2 additional times and I still get the routine with no advancement. Any ideas as to how to get this imu calibrated?

First things first ~how level is the surface on which you are calibrating? Dead-level is the best. Next, are you on or near any metal objects? I once had problems calibrating on my office desk, as it's a metal desk. I moved to the dining room table and it calibrated on the first attempt.

First things first ~how level is the surface on which you are calibrating? Dead-level is the best. Next, are you on or near any metal objects? I once had problems calibrating on my office desk, as it's a metal desk. I moved to the dining room table and it calibrated on the first attempt.

I am attempting to do the IMO calibration outside in my backyard on my patio. There is however a metal patio table next to where I am trying to do this so I will move and see if any change is possible. Thank you.

Reactions: Qoncussion
I know metal affects the compass calibration ~wasn't so sure about it affecting the IMU cal. As such - ask yourself, does your patio have rebar under the surface?

Reactions: spinbp5er
I know metal affects the compass calibration ~wasn't so sure about it affecting the IMU cal.
Metal does not affect the IMU calibration.

@spinbp5er, make sure you're performing the IMU calibration exactly like this:

Metal does not affect the IMU calibration.

@spinbp5er, make sure you're performing the IMU calibration exactly like this:

Thank you singer, your input was very helpful. I appreciate your feed on this issue. I’m having a blast flying this thin* for sure!!

I know metal affects the compass calibration ~wasn't so sure about it affecting the IMU cal. As such - ask yourself, does your patio have rebar under the surface?

Thank you qoncussion, your insight was very helpful as well as useable in sustaining the resolution. I love flying this thing!!

Reactions: Qoncussion
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut