DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

unable to record video or stills

Whisky

Reactions
I'm getting a message "storage full" and I'm guessing it's referring to the Controller's internal storage. But I'm also unable to start video recording.....are these 2 issues related to one another ?

and, how can I delete the RC's storage - I can't find anything in the manual that I've downloaded and printed

thanks.....Bill

I don't have your drone and i've never flown your drone. I'm pretty sure they have an sd card in the remote. Take it out and format it. If it works, it is a simple fix.

According to the Mavic 3 Classic User Manual v1.2 page 49:

There is 8GB of internal storage and a microSD card port to add additional storage. It is likely that your storage for imagery is full.

Any storage on the remote will be the lower quality video feed and likely gets overwritten when full.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I've inquired about the SD slot in the RC before and was advised that it's not mandatory to insert one, and I haven't (there's no SD card "in" the RC) and I've seen the reference to the 8GB of internal storage in the RC, in my downloaded manual - I assume that is what is giving the "storage full" message.....question is : "how do I delete what is filling the interior storage ?" and could this be "why" I'm not able to record onto the SD card that I've inserted into the slot in the Drone ?

thanks.....Bill

I also had a problem with my drone a couple of days ago. It would not record stills or video. The Red record button would not respond. Nor would the camera take photos.

Do you have an SD card in the drone? If not, the only place to store data is in the RC and with no card in there, there is not much room in the internal storage.

I have gotten that message when I have taken the card out of my drone to download videos and images and left it in the card reader the next time I went out . I usually clean it off and put it back in the drone.

The RC will work without a card in it on the very limited memory capability. But I keep a card in it so when I am out and have forgotten to put the card back in the drone, I can take the one out of the controller and still fly and record photos and video.

thanks for the get-back.....I'm thinking that the internal storage capability of the RC was keeping me from recording onto the SD card that I had installed in the Drone - I "think" I "found" how to erase the storage of the internal capability (by formatting it) and I'm now in the middle of testing that theory......Bill

Without starting the drone, start only DJI RC. In DJI Fly app go to Album (right down corner) and there you can delete all files stored in RC memory or SD card.

If you don't have one in your drone, install one. All video and stills are stored on the drone, not the controller, only low resolution copies there.

Yes, It’s also very important to have a big SD card (eg. 64 GB) installed on your drone. Then after each session you must download all photos and videos from the drone to your computer and DELETE all of them from the drone. The messages you get and blocked recordings suggest rather that there is no more free memory on your drone not in the controller. Or perhaps both

thanks guys - yes, I've got 128GB SD cards in (both) the Drones - just finished formatting a newly purchased card for the 2nd Drone - I don't see a need for me to install a card in my DJI RC.....and I've completed the "formatting" thing on the RC internal storage, as advised by kilhan.....Bill

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000