DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to share a panoramic photo?

AnyaB

Reactions
Hello, it doesn't seem like I can share a panoramic photo. The option to share is there, but it sends an empty email and blank text and gives an error message when trying to share via FB messenger. I was able to share a video without any issues.
I saved the photo on my phone first.

Does anyone have a solution or explanation for this? Thank you!

Hello, it doesn't seem like I can share a panoramic photo. The option to share is there, but it sends an empty email and blank text and gives an error message when trying to share via FB messenger. I was able to share a video without any issues.

Site has FILE SIZE requirements. Must be lower than that or won't load. They suggest sites like VIMEO and others and then copy / paste the link. I'm sure a panorama will break the limit easily esp if 48mp.

Most panorama files are greater than 3-4 MB, sometimes much greater. I suggest you ion the file in Photoshop, and save as a JPG at the lowest resolution possible. If this doesn't In Photoshop, go to the top menu bar, IMAGE>Image Size>reduce the file size in the horizontal and vertical axes. , Photoshop can reduce the file size even smaller.

Site has FILE SIZE requirements. Must be lower than that or won't load. They suggest sites like VIMEO and others and then copy / paste the link. I'm sure a panorama will break the limit easily esp if 48mp.
The 360° panos produced by the DJI cameras are roughly 13 MB or smaller, but that is likely still too large. Need to be resized, which ruins the resolution and the quality, or uploaded elsewhere without size limits, like Vimeo, and a link posted, as suggested. At 13 MB, they are already severely compressed, as they are stitched from 25 images of 12 or 20MP each!

This is a panorama created by shooting three images with a Mavic 2 Pro, overlapped 30% with a grid on the screen. The three images were brought into Photoshop Adobe Camera RAW. All three were selected in RAW, and opened in panorama. Final global adjustments were added after the image was stitched. This image is 3.5 MB and this forum accepted it. I have numerous other examples. This is an image of the Miami River and is reduced to 1.5 MB.

Attachments

• DronePanorama-2-DowntownMiami-lorez.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11

Reactions: Dmascot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000