DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to use LAANC this morning

Slade

Reactions
Hi. Have any Recreational Pilots been able to access and use LAANC this morning? I’ve tried to submit for Authorization through both Air Map and Kittyhawk but I’m referred to Part 107.

You need to download the new versions of the apps that were released this morning.

Reactions: Slade
Thank you. I just downloaded latest update for Kittyhawk and my LAANC Authorization came through in 30 seconds. WooHoo! AirMap, however, still isn’t working.

Thank you. I just downloaded latest update for Kittyhawk and my LAANC Authorization came through in 30 seconds. WooHoo! AirMap, however, still isn’t working.

I think there might be a temporary glitch with AirMap at the moment. I tried it earlier this morning and it worked, but right now the "Next" button isn't bringing up the page where you enter the details for your LAANC request. Maybe their server is temporarily overloaded?

I have Century Link and it’s always causing issues. Oddly, though, Kittyhawk worked flawlessly. I believe your correct about AirMap having issues. Thank you for your reply and Happy Flying.

AirMap is my goto app for LAANC clearance. It has been buggy for the last 24 hours that I know of... hope it’s just implementation of the new recreational 107 rules. FAA Video of this morning that OP posted says it’s one of 3 providers. Planning a sunset flight so I hope they get it ironed out today.

AirMap is my goto app for LAANC clearance. It has been buggy for the last 24 hours that I know of... hope it’s just implementation of the new recreational 107 rules. FAA Video of this morning that OP posted says it’s one of 3 providers. Planning a sunset flight so I hope they get it ironed out today.
Best wishes. I couldn’t use Air Map but Kittyhawk is flawless — now my GoTo app for LAANC. ??

Update: Both AirMap and Kittyhawk are working and sending approvals in 3-4 seconds. WooHoo‼️

Maybe just location, but neither work for me. They don’t call LAANC... used to just appear on the screen, now I don’t even get emails. Just a message as of 0900 MST today that AirMap is fixed, but it’s not. No LAANC :confused::mad:
I have notified both providers and given then specifics of device, location, etc. we’ll see

I just used Airmap(it updated an hour ago) for recreational approval and it went through. Within 2 seconds I had a message with approval number - very nice. I have always used it for Part 107 without issue and it seems to work on recreational now also.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore