DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unacceptable video - help or thoughts?

modroneindy

Reactions
This is my 4th Mavic.

Various problems but most all have had video capture/gimbal problems.

Any thoughts this is my recent one. Have had it up only 9 times. I love the Mavic but the love of flying is fading when I have to deal with jittery video, video looking like stop motion, jerky gimbal.

I have adjusted all the settings. Watch hundreds of hours of YouTube. I have about 30 hours at least (my numbers seem to change for some reason. This Mavic I have only used 1 hour 19 mins on this bird.

Should I accept that the mavic is not good. I'm reading all these other gimbal issues and I'm like I am not paying $1000 for a drone then to just send it in and to get a refurbished unit! Sounds like a racket to me.

Anyway here are some samples from tonight's flight and another one - or I thought I was. How do you post a video. It's not giving me the option from my phone.

Thanks.

Are you getting video from your phone or the card on the Mavic? I suggest checking the video on the Mavic by plugging it into a PC via the micro usb. See if that works well. I have not had an issue with recording yet but I have been within visual range so far.

I too am on my 4th Mavic. Previous 3 all went back because of jittery, unwatchable video. First one thru Amazon, quick return. 2nd one worked fine for a while, then started jitters after FW update to .09 (coincidence?). DJI sent refurbished one, same issue..sent it right back with my 'thoughts' pretty much telling them I was not going away until I got a good one. Received number 4 a couple days ago..new one this time mfg date July 15, 2017. So far it works perfectly. Still have to test some more but video is good on most settings.

Let me know how it goes please.

As far as the jitters it's in all versions. Card, from the mavic, cache. It is jittering.

Just makes it hard to not have some messed up final video. [emoji15]

You need to upload to youtube at 1080p or higher, or possibly use dropbox or similar to share here.
I think it' unlikely so many Mavic had similar problems though you may(both) be spectacularly unlucky

Let me know how it goes please.

As far as the jitters it's in all versions. Card, from the mavic, cache. It is jittering.

Just makes it hard to not have some messed up final video. [emoji15]
Yes, same here...cache, card, Mac all jittery. I have watched a fair number of videos online that have this issue to varying degrees. Either the owner doesn't notice or care. I have also seen hundreds of the videos that don't have the issue. Some people have advised me that that is normal, that I have to go thru camera settings and tweak those and also pan very, very slowly. All great but I paid 1350 (Cdn) dollars for this and I expect it to work as advertised. Had lengthy discussion on thread here "Not a smooth video while turning". I sent sample clips to DJI and in both cases they had me return the unit. Has been a test of patience, as I got my first one in January, but then I can also be stubborn! lol. It would be nice if they actually explained what was wrong but they say nothing. I will continue to test it out, but so far as I said works fine out of the box, on Auto camera settings, 4K 30fps, 2.7K 24 fps and 1080 60fps (as per goggles setting). These are my preferred settings so I tested those first. Been hard to fly here due to wildfire smoke issues and hot temps, but will post updates when I get them. and....today....wind warnings! :)

Well, I'm glad that you have been able to get them to work with you. How long does it take to get the unit back? I have just been returning them to Best Buy. They have been great so far but...

Also, I think you mentioned that you got one manufactured after 7/15/17. How do you find that info out?

Well, I'm glad that you have been able to get them to work with you. How long does it take to get the unit back? I have just been returning them to Best Buy. They have been great so far but...

Also, I think you mentioned that you got one manufactured after 7/15/17. How do you find that info out?
First return to DJI was 3 weeks, 1 to ship, 1 to replace, 1 to return. 2nd time only 12 days (air instead of ground). Here is link to Mfg. date. DJI Serial Number Decoder I think they just throw one of the other rejects in a box and hope you will be happy or too ticked off to go thru the return process again. I told them I would keep doing it until they got it right (under warranty). I do have my P3P so not without flying while I wait. Our Best Buy (Canada) only accepts returns if box unopened. Had to go thru DJI as Amazon was 30 day limit.

Well, I am about to tell them to swap it out with a P4P- I think I'll try one more time. I love the size of the mavic. Just can't risk doing a client video and then having to go back due to error.

I have seen a wide variety of camera quality in the units I have had which is somewhat concerning.

Well, I am about to tell them to swap it out with a P4P- I think I'll try one more time. I love the size of the mavic. Just can't risk doing a client video and then having to go back due to error.

I have seen a wide variety of camera quality in the units I have had which is somewhat concerning.
I hear you!

Reactions: modroneindy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada