Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unbinding Dilemma

Severian

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
I lost my A2 a few months ago. That led me to sell my Smart Controller. Now someone returned my lost A2. I powered it up and tried to use my other controller (A2s). But when I try to unbind or change the binding it tells me that the drone is bound to another account. I do have two DJI accounts, but the account it says it's bound to (partialname. . [email protected]) is not my exact my email address. One letter is different. What it looks like happened is that when I registered my A2 I had a typo in my email address. Strange. Not sure why DJI allowed me to do that. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks.

Last edited:
can you open a new email account using the 'new' email address or is someone already using it?
If the email address is in use could you message the other person and perhaps have them do what ever is necessary to unbind the drone?

Reactions: Saladshooter
What a great idea. Turned out that email address was unused and I got a new account and unbound the A2 and bound it to the new controller. Thank you for the suggestion!
In retrospect, most email providers allow up to several aliases, so you could have just added that to your existing email account. No real need to create a new account.

Slightly different but similar issue. Bought the new Mavic 3 smart controller and getting the unbind message as apparently the M3 is "bound" to my initial, included, controller. Suggestions? Should add–nothing in the manual about binding.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato