Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unbinding from SC?

Severian

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
When I got my A2S I bound it to my SC. After flying it a good bit I now see the shortcomings of using the SC with the A2S. So I've been flying it with the normal controller. But I got a warning today that I only had 2 more flights unless I unbound it from the SC. But I was warned in the DJI Fly app that unbinding it from the SC would result in the nullification of my Refresh insurance. So is it possible for me to unbind the bird from my SC and bind it to my other controller without losing my Refresh coverage? Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Reactions: rp6
I have the same question.

Here are the screen shots. The first one is what I see when I power up. Then when I hit the "unbind device" button I get the "notice" warning.

IMG_4800.jpeg

IMG_4801.jpeg

What are the shortcomings to using the SC?

So I'll answer my own question. The warning that is displayed is not worded well. It makes you think that if you unbind your bird from the originally link controller, you will loose your fly-away coverage. After contacting DJI, you can unbind from one controller and bind to another and the coverage will be valid. You only invalidate the coverage if you fly the bird without it being bound to any controller.

So I'll answer my own question. The warning that is displayed is not worded well. It makes you think that if you unbind your bird from the originally link controller, you will loose your fly-away coverage. After contacting DJI, you can unbind from one controller and bind to another and the coverage will be valid. You only invalidate the coverage if you fly the bird without it being bound to any controller.
Thank you.

Reactions: Severian
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11