DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Underwater search and rescue in Singapore- Help needed.

samuca76

Reactions
Hi there folks, I am in need of some help in Singapore. I basically lost my Mavic 2 Zoom under water and I am interested to know if any of you guys knows anybody who can do underwater search and rescue in Singapore Marina Bay. I have a good idea on the search area.

Thanking you in advance for your responses.

I would go to the near by dive shops and ask the dive masters to keep a lookout for it. Maybe even ask them to search for it.

Thanks BarrySDCA that sounds as a good idea I will do that today and hope it will be a straight forward process.Fingers crossed.

Reactions: _gonzales_
Wouldn’t the salt water have ruined the electronics?

Hi there folks, I am in need of some help in Singapore. I basically lost my Mavic 2 Zoom under water and I am interested to know if any of you guys knows anybody who can do underwater search and rescue in Singapore Marina Bay. I have a good idea on the search area.

Sorry to say but more than likely its toast

Last edited:
Reactions: SpitFire

Hi sorry for your lost pal.

Firstly, i learnt the lesson of salt water + drone = RIP, first hand.
Meaning no point trying to retrieve it.

2ndly, u should know better how things in singapore works,
Everything is $$$$$.

From hiring a boat to getting divers to search the area u mentioned, my rough estimation, it will easily cost u 10-20k at least. U think its worth it?

My understanding is with the $100 dji insurance thing, not sure what it's called, just return the drone corpse and they will send you a new one in the first year? hopefully he has that, if it exists.

My understanding is with the $100 dji insurance thing, not sure what it's called, just return the drone corpse and they will send you a new one in the first year? hopefully he has that, if it exists.

U mean dji care, care refresh?

Yeah, my take is unlikely op hve bought care or refresh, because singapore is one of those cou tries where these product are unavailable.

Furthermore even if op have got care protection, my point is, why spend $10k to retrieve a corpse for dji to send u a new one right?..
Just my 2cents

Guys, thanks for your input after making a few calls I realized it was best to let my bird RIP in Singapore.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spitspin