DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unfolded Mavic Pro Cases? Open-arm Mavic case?

Mavman

Reactions
While I appreciate that the mavic folds down so you can throw it in your bag, I am looking for a case that lets you stow the Mavic, unfolded, along with batteries and all related accessories.

Bonus points - you can also stow it with the common leg-height extenders still attached.

Before someone tells me how stupid I am for wanting a case that doesn't require me to fold the mavic since one of the Mavic's selling points is its foldability, let me just stop you and say I don't care, let's keep this thread productive!

I already have small cases for the remote and Mavic that I can throw into a bag for hikes etc, but I want to be able to leave it unfolded with accessories attached for when I stay local or from my car. Besides, it doesn't seem like unfolding it should waste too much space since items can go between the arms as well.

The only one I've found so far is this Drone Accessory Case For DJI Mavic Pro, Tuscom Backpack with foam
Amazon.com: Drone Accessory Case For DJI Mavic Pro, Tuscom Backpack with foam: Baby

But it looks of dubious quality, with 1 review, and looks to be less rigid than I'd prefer - I prefer the pseudo-hard shell material of the little drone-only and remote controller cases that proliferate amazon.

Let me know guys if you have any leads!

**** that's cool, I'm looking for one that can replace my ABS case, and that I can add my GoPro accessories inside, any idea?

I am curious as to know why you want a case the holds the Mavic unfolded.

Does it matter? If most of your use of the drone was from your car so case size wasn't an issue and you could save on the wear and tear of folding and unfolding it why not? It's still going to be less cumbersome than a Phantom.

I also have been thinking of a case the holds it unfolded . Seems logical if one is getting a case that's larger than the dji shoulder bag tbh . If a case is larger than the mavic unfolded, why waste time folding ?

Does it matter? If most of your use of the drone was from your car so case size wasn't an issue and you could save on the wear and tear of folding and unfolding it why not? It's still going to be less cumbersome than a Phantom.
Not really. Just curious as to the OP's reasoning.

Not really. Just curious as to the OP's reasoning.

The reasoning is all of the above that other people have mentioned
-avoiding wear and tear, possibility of damaging props/motors etc
-saving time, having it ready to go
-already have a compact solution, but can be a little cumbersome, nice to have everything in one spot
-ability to not have to remove leg height extenders would be nice as well

Basically would be nice to have a GO-case where everything is ready to go, no need to fumble. Cool thing happening, pull it out start it up, FLy!

The reasoning is all of the above that other people have mentioned
-avoiding wear and tear, possibility of damaging props/motors etc
-saving time, having it ready to go
-already have a compact solution, but can be a little cumbersome, nice to have everything in one spot
-ability to not have to remove leg height extenders would be nice as well

Basically would be nice to have a GO-case where everything is ready to go, no need to fumble. Cool thing happening, pull it out start it up, FLy!
-Assuming you fold and unfold once a day every day, you have a lifespan of 6.849 years, wear and tear is hardly an issue.
-Ok
-Ok
-Ok

I also would like a case like this. I almost missed a great shot trying not to break props rushing to get it out.
You're using the DJI Bag? put Mavic into a big zip lock bag (unsealed) or use a piece of smooth fabric as a cover/skin when you insert it into the case, when you pull it out by the cover the props can't catch on the bag sides. Unlike other situations, sticking it in a cover first makes for easier insertions too.

Reactions: HarryMerkin
You're using the DJI Bag? put Mavic into a big zip lock bag (unsealed) or use a piece of smooth fabric as a cover/skin when you insert it into the case, when you pull it out by the cover the props can't catch on the bag sides. Unlike other situations, sticking it in a cover first makes for easier insertions too.

Awesome idea! Unsealed makes sense so it doesn't collect moisture.

I'm also looking for case/bag to carry my Mavic Pro without folding the arms... - eg. unfolded Mavic Pro case/bag is needed :) any new discoveries?

Reactions: Ben or Benjamin
56090b183409189a1e708d9924c30755.jpg
875837453286a42c31684b89bab6b48e.jpg

Reactions: JMF
Wonderful! I am however concerned that it doesn’t seem like there is much protection against lateral movement and bending at the arms etc... could you speak more about your experience with this setup? @valenb40

I agree. I really want a case to leave the Mavic Pro unfolded too! Don't listen to all those TROLLS out there that keep referring to "its designed to be folded" who cares! If we only listen to the mainstream, we would never be innovative and wouldn't have more options. I want to pull it out and put it away quickly on the job. It maybe even looks more professional to not have to open this and open that and put this on and take off that. Being able to pull it out and put it back without all that is what we all want . thats why we want this drone. It's portable and minimal setup time, unlike these other drones. Why is it all of a sudden a sin to some people to make setup times faster? I LOOOVE the fact that it folds up. BUT I don't want to unless I NEED to.

I use it for work and I drive to multiple locations a day and take photos of the landscape for contractors. I don't want to unfold and fold the mavic pro 10 times a day. For u smart people out there... tell me how long it will last doing that. Account that your not perfect and might break something one of those times. P.S. I launch and land the drone from my hand. Only newbies use a landing pad for a drone this size. LOL. Just kiddin. they are not newbies. It's a personal preference

Last edited:
I would think a Pelican hard case would work. Custom foamed squares using their pull out foam options. They aren't cheap but are almost bullet proof. But there are also knock offs that my do for your needs. Just depends on how bullet proof you want....

Reactions: Ben or Benjamin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22