DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unhappy Mavic 3 Owners

Suren

Reactions
Alot of Mavic 3 owners have been posting about how disappointed they are with the drone, lack of features of the dreaded long GPS wait times and the so called optimised non functioning Airsense. I have again emailed Dji but this time have copied in Frank Wang in the email. Have a read and if you are not happy, I recommend posting your comments to this thread and if i have missed out any promised features add them on here, also feel free to send emails to the people i have mailed because the more we bring this to the front the faster we will get action. Will it get any traction, I dont Know.

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 15.40.08.png

Add to the list
  • 120fps slow capture option in camera
  • Fix the issue with the bypass that is very erratic
  • Do a cinematic more soft and slow
  • Add 3X and 4X option to the main camera without needed of activate Explorer mode
  • Fix the Air Sense (this is critical)
  • Add the option to continue indexing
  • WAYPOINTS (do I mention waypoints?) sooo WAYYPOINTSSSS
  • RAW in Explorer mode
  • PLEASE PRODUCE A PANO IN RAW as well !!!!
  • When switching dones in the RC controller, fix the bug from has to go back and forward with the firmware update
  • 50FPS with quickshots
  • When shoot panorama please give us the option do not create the panorama automatically as well
  • Where is the compensation for people that purchased the M3 FMC + RC PRO separately?
  • RC Pro controller compatible with more android apps like dronelink litchi ect..
  • Add to the RC controller compatibility to the Air 2, DJI Mini 2 and M2P

Last edited:
Add to the list
  • 120fps slow capture option in camera
  • Fix the issue with the bypass that is very erratic
  • Do a cinematic more soft and slow
  • Add 3X and 4X option to the main camera without needed of activate Explorer mode
  • Fix the Air Sense (this is critical)
  • Add the option to continue indexing
  • WAYPOINTS (do I mention waypoints?) sooo WAYYPOINTSSSS
  • RAW in Explorer mode
  • PLEASE PRODUCE A PANO IN RAW as well !!!!
  • RAW for Explorer mode
  • When switching dones in the RC controller, fix the bug from has to go back and forward with the firmware update
  • 50FPS with quickshots
  • When shoot panorama please give us the option do not create the panorama automatically as well
  • Where is the compensation for people that purchased the M3 FMC + RC PRO separately?
  • RC Pro controller compatible with more android apps like dronelink litchi ect..
  • Add to the RC controller compatibility to the Air 2, DJI Mini 2 and M2P
Thanks @zeusfl , Once there have been many posts I will again email them highlighting the missing features. Hopefully with the CEO, copied in the email there is some traction but I won't hold my breath

Hey let's not forget the CRAPPY launch. Screwing us folks that wanted a RC PRO making us by the Cine or buy it stand alone. They purposely left out a Fly more kit with it to make more money. Then they turn around and off the RC PRo in the Air2S Flymore but still not the Mavic 3 and to add insult to injury tell the package for a few hundred more then most paid for the controller as a stand alone. This is by far the worst DJI experience I've had both on the initial purchase and the continued issues.

Thanks @zeusfl , Once there have been many posts I will again email them highlighting the missing features. Hopefully with the CEO, copied in the email there is some traction but I won't hold my breath
I hope that’s actually his email. Or some poor person who works for the company who also has that name will be getting a lot of emails. 😆

Reactions: crlmjohnson
Hey let's not forget the CRAPPY launch. Screwing us folks that wanted a RC PRO making us by the Cine or buy it stand alone. They purposely left out a Fly more kit with it to make more money. Then they turn around and off the RC PRo in the Air2S Flymore but still not the Mavic 3 and to add insult to injury tell the package for a few hundred more then most paid for the controller as a stand alone. This is by far the worst DJI experience I've had both on the initial purchase and the continued issues.
Yup I have the issue there about the RC PRO and the crappy RC we got with the drone

Reactions: Norval
The resetting of the file indexing increments back to 0 after every format of the microSD card is very annoying and so amateurish, just like Autel Robotics! All the other DJI drones have incremented file numbering stored on the drone, so any inserted microSD card starts incrementing from the last number recorded internally on the drone. Fix this already!

Reactions: Richard R
The resetting of the file indexing increments back to 0 after every format of the microSD card is very annoying and so amateurish, just like Autel Robotics! All the other DJI drones have incremented file numbering stored on the drone, so any inserted microSD card starts incrementing from the last number recorded internally on the drone. Fix this already!
Another member in the Dji forum actually also brought this same thing up in the past. I have noticed that as well and it becomes annoying when you format the SD and then when you copy the new files from the formatted SD over to your folder it asks to rename them.

When switching dones in the RC controller, fix the bug from has to go back and forward with the firmware update
It isn't a bug. That's how they reprogram the differences between the M3 and Air 2S into the RC-Pro. While it should be able to be done seamlessly by selecting the drone in the menu, this is how they chose to implement it. Instead of being transparent, they could just say, "Wait while we reprogram the RC-Pro for your change in drones."

Another member in the Dji forum actually also brought this same thing up in the past. I have noticed that as well and it becomes annoying when you format the SD and then when you copy the new files from the formatted SD over to your folder it asks to rename them.
The drone just needs to keep track of the last file number used. All other DJI aircraft do this, going back to the P3P. Only Autel Robotics never has! When DJI starts becoming more like Autel Robotics, it's always a major disappointment! There is a reason we fly DJI!

Reactions: Suren
Here is a list of things I would like to see DJI add to the future Mavic 3 firmware update:

- RAW support for 7X telephoto camera
- manual exposure control for 7X telephoto camera
- add lens profile in DNG files captured by ultra-wide lens
- timelapse support for ultra-wide lens
- add "tripod mode" (Cine mode is still too fast)
- waypoint support
- customizable control wheel (for exposure compensation)
- ability to disable downward sensor (for hand catch)
- user customizable remaining battery percentage warning (was in Go4, removed in DJI Fly)

The drone just needs to keep track of the last file number used. All other DJI aircraft do this, going back to the P3P.
It's a DJI Fly thing and any drones using the Fly app have no option for Continuous File Index.
Only Autel Robotics never has! When DJI starts becoming more like Autel Robotics, it's always a major disappointment! There is a reason we fly DJI!
It's a chuckle when Autel even copy the bugs in their effort to keep up.

It isn't a bug. That's how they reprogram the differences between the M3 and Air 2S into the RC-Pro. While it should be able to be done seamlessly by selecting the drone in the menu, this is how they chose to implement it. Instead of being transparent, they could just say, "Wait while we reprogram the RC-Pro for your change in drones."
When you select the drone for first time does not work and say can not find the drone. Then you have to go back and try again. After do this sometimes twice then you have the message saying incompatible firmware offering the update.

This firmware update should be offered at the first try when you try switch drones without have to try and try again.

It's a DJI Fly thing and any drones using the Fly app have no option for Continuous File Index.

It's a chuckle when Autel even copy the bugs in their effort to keep up.
Thanks for the clarification. So the continuous file index is stored in the app, rather than on the drone? In Go 4, I seem to recall each drone having its own continuous file index. I wonder why DJI removed storing that in the Fly app. How Autel-ish of them! :rolleyes:

When you select the drone for first time does not work and say can not find the drone. Then you have to go back and try again. After do this sometimes twice then you have the message saying incompatible firmware offering the update.

This firmware update should be offered at the first try when you try switch drones without have to try and try again.
I agree. However, that was not my experience when I first used the RC-Pro to switch back and forth. It operated as you want it to. I haven't tried it recently. Sounds like one of the updates screwed that up. Not good!

Reactions: zeusfl
Yup I have the issue there about the RC PRO and the crappy RC we got with the drone
At least with the crappy stock RC, I have been able to muffle the heart attack beeping from 15% to 10%. Still don't know exactly where that annoyingly loud transducer is inside the RC-Pro to muffle it! Anyone found a teardown or mod video of the RC-Pro that might show exactly where the transducer is located inside, to drill a tiny hole through the case and muffle it?

• Haha
Reactions: Suren
Alot of Mavic 3 owners have been posting about how disappointed they are with the drone, lack of features of the dreaded long GPS wait times and the so called optimised non functioning Airsense. I have again emailed Dji but this time have copied in Frank Wang in the email. Have a read and if you are not happy, I recommend posting your comments to this thread and if i have missed out any promised features add them on here, also feel free to send emails to the people i have mailed because the more we bring this to the front the faster we will get action. Will it get any traction, I dont Know.

View attachment 145709
I guess I'm glad at this point that I didn't order that drone. I did just order the m30t and I'm worried that, like with other DJI releases, the first 6 months to a year is going to be a nightmare with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato