DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

United States Virgin Islands

Reactions
Hello to all members. I am from the United States Virgin Islands looking to make some new friends here on the forums. I'm a new drone pilot looking to learn more about flying and learn from each experience you all are willing to share. I currently purchase my first drone DJI Mavic Air 2 / Fly More Combo.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas!

You picked a winner in the MA2. Be glad you got the combo. You'll need those 3 batts!

Lots of neat stuff to shoot all over the USVI. When you need help, there are over 100,000 of us here to provide guidance as you grow as a pilot and photographer. Just ask!

Glad you've joined us!

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas!

You picked a winner in the MA2. Be glad you got the combo. You'll need those 3 batts!

Lots of neat stuff to shoot all over the USVI. When you need help, there are over 100,000 of us here to provide guidance as you grow as a pilot and photographer. Just ask!

Glad you've joined us!
Thank you for the warm welcome. I was looking for a place like this for while.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

it’s nice to see folks from the VI are also on the board.
I’m born and raised on STX but I lived on STT for 5 years.
With the MA2 you should be able to get some nice over the water flights to inner brass and Hans Lolick and I think most of Redhook is unrestricted so you should get some nice boat shots.

Hopefully I’ll be able to go to STX over the Christmas holiday this year and get some flying there.

Welcome! You have some EXCELLENT scenery in the USVI. Lots of water, though! I can't wait to see some of your photos and footage! Fly safe and fly happy!
There is a lot of restriction here. But not to bad. I'm looking to take the 5 minute ferry to the next island near by. The island name is water island. I was curious to know how far this drone can fly? Maybe I won't have to take the ferry considering how close the island really is.

it’s nice to see folks from the VI are also on the board.
I’m born and raised on STX but I lived on STT for 5 years.
With the MA2 you should be able to get some nice over the water flights to inner brass and Hans Lolick and I think most of Redhook is unrestricted so you should get some nice boat shots.

Hopefully I’ll be able to go to STX over the Christmas holiday this year and get some flying there.
Hey thanks I was also recommended redhook. But where would it be a good spot to takeoff where I won't attract to many attention to myself?. I am currently just testing the drone by Tutu Park Mall Parking lot. I'm also considering some low flying by water island.

Hey thanks I was also recommended redhook. But where would it be a good spot to takeoff where I won't attract to many attention to myself?. I am currently just testing the drone by Tutu Park Mall Parking lot. I'm also considering some low flying by water island.
In Redhook I think you could be good at Vessup Beach or somewhere along Cabrita Point. I wouldn’t do it during busy weekends.

Be careful flying by Water Island and the Waterfront I think it’s a NFZ because of the Seaplane.

Bolongo Bay and of course Meagans Bay (on the far ends away from beach folk).

In Redhook I think you could be good at Vessup Beach or somewhere along Cabrita Point. I wouldn’t do it during busy weekends.

Be careful flying by Water Island and the Waterfront I think it’s a NFZ because of the Seaplane.

Bolongo Bay and of course Meagans Bay (on the far ends away from beach folk).

Awesome thanks. Yea I live by Frenchtown the sea plane was my major concern. I won't even consider try to fly in this area. That sea plane fly so low over my house that I can see the passengers lol. Water island I was granted permission but only to fly below 200 ft. Airsense automáticaly activates when even try to fly around that area.

Today I was documented the abandone apartment complex by Tutu. I was surprise that those apartment wont be reconstructed after hurricane Irma distroy it. Also I want to share my experience of how the obstacles culision system safe me today when flying low in those areas. I'm looking to upload the video today. Is it okay to share youtube drone videos here?

Reactions: Hauptmann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio