DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

unknown aircraft message

JCT

Reactions
Trying to hook up a crystalsky to a mavic2 enterprise zoom, got the pilot app up ,however I get an unknown aircraft on the pilot screen, I checked the system with my phone and it worked fine, I checked it with go4 app, and got connected and seeing images however I can't take any pictures or video. Now I guessing that some switch is wrong or a firmware problem or some other stupid thing but I need some more experenced help, Thank in advance

When you say "an unknown aircraft" do you mean it says something like Inspire 2 or similar?

If so very likely it has not detected your craft. I think craft on, controller on, DJI Go started plug USB cable from controller into the CrystalSky should make it come up with your craft and then GO Fly should appear after a short pause.

I have often got the sequence wrong and ended up with a craft I don't own usually Inspire 2 I think and so not ready to fly as not connected - obviously! Just practice the switch on connection sequence until it becomes automatic. I found not plugging the USB C into the CrystalSky until last seems to do the trick. Others may have better ways.

thanks for your reply,when looking at the pilot screen that says manual flight/mission flight, at the bottom of the screen is says " unknown aircraft", I looked ip the version of firmware and it is v0.5.1 however when I try to upgrade the firmware nothing happens. I'm going to bring up the DJI website and try to upgrade from there. thanks again for you response , I'll post if I get it working

got it, as I suspected it was something stupid, firmware update . found a youtube link on the dji form, what do you know, dji has a glitch in the update . How To Update The DJI Pilot APP on The CrystalSky and Smart Controller,

Glad you got it sorted. There is usually an answer - just a matter of finding it!
Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000