DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unknown future of recreatioal UAV's

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedField

Reactions
After weeks of reading forums and reviews of various drones, and many more publications, I have come to the conclusion that the use of these crafts will become more and more restrictive to the point that it will no longer be "fun". Soon, just simply registering your drone will become more involved, more expensive and will, therefore, take the "recreational" aspect from owning and flying a UAV. Much like the ability to have to apply for and have an FFL and /or owning a firearm. I almost paid for a Fly More MA2 package, but upon reading and looking further into this "hobby", I believe there are more interesting ventures into which I can invest. The majority of members in the forums are knowledgeable and serious about their usage of UAV's. I have been duly impressed. It has been informative to the point where are I was ready to pay $1100 for a drone package. However, it is just not something I see as having a future, as the veteran fliers have known it to be. "Known it to be" being the operative phrase. It's changing and those changes are unknown at this juncture. As an aside, I took the unofficial pretest, Part 107 test, without much studying at all and got 46 correct.I do foolish things like that just to test my abilities or lack thereof. Of course, I couldn't take the real test as I am not a registered owner of a UAV.
Thank you for allowing me into your fellowship so I could do the research necessary for me to make this decision.

Reactions: evan-e-cent
Of course, I couldn't take the real test as I am not a registered owner of a UAV.

There's no requirement that you own a UAV to become Part 107 certified.

Boy are you late to the party .?
Welcome to the forum ?

I was ready to pay $1100 for a drone package. However, it is just not something I see as having a future, as the veteran fliers have known it to be. "Known it to be" being the operative phrase. It's changing and those changes are unknown at this juncture.
I don't understand the pessimistic ideas that make people think this way.
Similar posts have been common for the six years that I've been flying but I don't see the same gloomy future you do or any evidence that it's going to be difficylt to fly in future.
Of course, I couldn't take the real test as I am not a registered owner of a UAV.
FYI .. you could sit and pass a 107 without ever having flown or even seen a drone.
Ownership or registration is not a requirement.

After weeks of reading forums and reviews of various drones, and many more publications, I have come to the conclusion that the use of these crafts will become more and more restrictive to the point that it will no longer be "fun". Soon, just simply registering your drone will become more involved, more expensive and will, therefore, take the "recreational" aspect from owning and flying a UAV. Much like the ability to have to apply for and have an FFL and /or owning a firearm. I almost paid for a Fly More MA2 package, but upon reading and looking further into this "hobby", I believe there are more interesting ventures into which I can invest. The majority of members in the forums are knowledgeable and serious about their usage of UAV's. I have been duly impressed. It has been informative to the point where are I was ready to pay $1100 for a drone package. However, it is just not something I see as having a future, as the veteran fliers have known it to be. "Known it to be" being the operative phrase. It's changing and those changes are unknown at this juncture. As an aside, I took the unofficial pretest, Part 107 test, without much studying at all and got 46 correct.I do foolish things like that just to test my abilities or lack thereof. Of course, I couldn't take the real test as I am not a registered owner of a UAV.
Thank you for allowing me into your fellowship so I could do the research necessary for me to make this decision.
Appreciate and respect your opinion. Guess it’s all said. Hope you find a hobby you can enjoy.

Reactions: dirkclod
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag