DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlock for restricted zone

DGNOO

Reactions
Hi all
I need help please.
I have authorization from Nav Canada to fly in certain zones.
I made applications and received the authorization.
However the drone or controller needs to be unlocked for these zones.
I sent all to Dji and they sent me back an email with instructions to connect a mobile phone to the drone and open Dji go and I toggle a switch.
Very confusing!!
Can anyone assist please?
Thanks
[emoji41]

Hi all
I need help please.
I have authorization from Nav Canada to fly in certain zones.
I made applications and received the authorization.
However the drone or controller needs to be unlocked for these zones.
I sent all to Dji and they sent me back an email with instructions to connect a mobile phone to the drone and open Dji go and I toggle a switch.
Very confusing!!
Can anyone assist please?
Thanks
[emoji41]

Hello everyone – I am new to the Forum, as my wife and I just purchased a M2P (with 2 Smart Controllers) for our photography business.

We recently had an experience with DJI Flysafe (“unlocking license”) that may add some value to this discussion. We got FAA approval to fly next to Dulles International Airport for a business project. Dulles is not yet in the LAANC program so we had to get the FAA waiver. We sought the unlocking license from DJI Flysafe and could not get the M2P to fly (tried several times). We kept getting instructions from DJI Flysafe on how to get the license and unlock the M2P. Finally, I tried explaining step by step what we had done so they could “correct me”. What came back was that they checked the geographical coordinates we gave them, same we gave the FAA, and found them “Too Narrow”. Therefore, the approval they had given us to fly in our various attempts was not working. DJI expanded the planned fly area and everything worked well then. In this situation we were very limited in the fly area we submitted to FAA for their waiver, as 500 feet further West put us in a “0” ceiling limit. It may be that DJI Flysafe does not handle well very narrow fly areas in/near controlled air space.
And yes, automatic linking LAANC approvals to DJI Flysafe unlocking is the way to go.

Oscar

Reactions: Thomas B
Seems surprising Dallas is not LAANC capable but the regional airport south of it is. Perhaps it's because of the sensitive nature of the area.

Seems surprising Dallas is not LAANC capable but the regional airport south of it is. Perhaps it's because of the sensitive nature of the area.

It is surprising. The official line is "coming soon". Airport Operations was very helpful and FAA responded promptly to my request for waiver. I assume they really are working on joining LAANC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots