DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UNLOCKING DJI MAVIC AIR 2 IN NEW ZEALAND

DavidT_ NZ

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am in an area close to Palmerston North Airport in NZ and have been trying to get my Air 2 unlocked all day for a low level flight that has been approved by NZ air traffic control Airshare in an Authorisation Zone. But DJI’s unlocking system refuses to work on an iphone 11 Pro and demands a PC for website access; I have managed to get website access, however, on my early model ipad. I do not have a PC where I am, currently.

A DJI staff member has replied to one email outlining methods to get this cleared, but has asked for the same info that I already attached to my first email! The area map on the DJI page also asks me to select a pin in the required zone - but there are no pins seen! This is fast becoming ridiculous as I have lost a whole day on my required task, and rain is forecast.

I fly locally elsewhere on the edge of a zone that only requires me to read and confirm an alert, to launch the drone. In my current area, DJI in China is preventing me from flying an NZ approved flight!

Have any other NZ pilots been through this fiasco! And maybe using the same kit - Air 2 drone and iphone 11 Pro?

On the basis of this interference and difficulty by DJI, I would now NOT RECOMMEND DJI to a new user. The closest comparison would be if I bought a new BMW and lived near a motorway but had to ring the German factory before I could drive it, albeit that I have a valid driving licence! Idiots. The flight has been approved by NZ air traffic control! DJI need to focus on just making drones!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27