DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlocking drone in NFZ with permission

flyinblackpro

Reactions
D453D759-FDD4-46BC-8179-29DA1920AE6B.png

I received permission using FAA automated system but when I go to DJI to enter the authorization code, it says I must use a desktop. Since there is no desktop button from the mobile site, how are people that are mobile only getting around this?D453D759-FDD4-46BC-8179-29DA1920AE6B.pngD453D759-FDD4-46BC-8179-29DA1920AE6B.png

You probably could use the mobile's browser but probably easier using a PC's browser.
I believe the website is flysafe.dji.com.

You probably could use the mobile's browser but probably easier using a PC's browser.
I believe the website is flysafe.dji.com.
No, that’s why I posted the picture that said you must use the desktop as the geo site does not support mobile. It’s not the process I don’t understand, it’s how can I use my mobile to request the NFZ removal with access code. If so many pilots are using mobile - why must you use a desktop to request this? That’s my question.

Doesn't your DJI Go 4 app just prompt you to unlock when you try to take off in a NFZ? Usually there is a check box, and you might need to verify the first time via a SMS message. There's no reason to use the website unless you are trying to unlock ahead of time for when you'll be in the field without data access.

I do not receive a check box to proceed in a NFZ

What sort of NFZ are you trying to fly in? I've always been able to do it directly on my device after confirming that I have permission to fly there.

The process is supposed to be done in advance at home, not on site. Depending on the zone it might take a couple of days for DJI to accept your request.

Challenging part is Laanc system operates in real time and the code used from that needs to be put in DJI a few days before. I’m just trying to fly at my local church, if you look st one nap it’s a fringe zone and not a NFZ...but DJI thinks it’s a NFZ. I wanted to reach the high school guys group I mentor, but sure I can get all the stars aligned as laanc access is based on an hour, and DJI needs a few days notice so I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Also, I understand DJI thinks everyone that has a drone has a top of the line Mac for editing, but if you’re like many that only use mobile devices, and the drones themselves only use mobile devices, why wouldn’t flysafe site be mobile access? I guess my complaint is if everyone that flies has a mobile device, and not everyone that flies has a desktop, why would DJI make their site desktop enabled only?

Now I’m totally befuddled...I’m at my house and request permission from FAA via AirMap to fly at 1205 Fleming Rd in Greensboro, NC. Rather than give me an approval code via text as it’s always done in the past...it just say ok. I asked permission so I could in turn, input info into DJI flysafe website to unlock the drone so I could fly once I got to the location. It appears, I can only get FAA text, if I am at the location and not a pre-submitted flight plan. Can anyone tell me exactly how, when, where, I’m supposed to get, transmit and enter information so I can fly at 1205 Fleming Rd Greensboro, NC 27410?

Attachments

• 2C99C47E-4DEE-413B-9943-51B41E80AB7D.png
    2C99C47E-4DEE-413B-9943-51B41E80AB7D.png
    244.3 KB · Views: 9
See attached after I submitted flight plan using airmap

Attachments

• 675D1A66-22B3-4DF8-B2C4-8D6D8CADBCBC.png
    675D1A66-22B3-4DF8-B2C4-8D6D8CADBCBC.png
    379.9 KB · Views: 11
The process is supposed to be done in advance at home, not on site. Depending on the zone it might take a couple of days for DJI to accept your request.

For flights in authorization zones (which appear Blue on the DJI Geo map), you can indeed unlock from DJI Go 4 when you try to start the motors. Typically you just have to tic a box and maybe enter a SMS confirmation code. Offline unlocking for those areas is only necessary if you are flying using a device without data access.

The website process is also needed if you have special permission to fly in the Red zones. That requires actual documentation from the facility you are flying over which has to be manually reviewed by DJI before they grant you a custom unlock. For example, you work for a government agency and are using a drone legally to fly over a prison, directly over a major airport, etc.

This area is in a pink zone...not red or blue, it’s a fringe of red. DJI on the controller says in red, can not take off. I get permission from FAA using airmap and receive text approval. However, I can’t enter that from my mobile device and have to drive 30 mins back to my house to enter on my computer since DJI says I must use a desktop to request access. I’ve akso tried filing flight plan in airmap while st home but unless I’m on site, I don’t receive a text approval.

This area is in a pink zone...not red or blue, it’s a fringe of red. DJI on the controller says in red, can not take off. I get permission from FAA using airmap and receive text approval. However, I can’t enter that from my mobile device and have to drive 30 mins back to my house to enter on my computer since DJI says I must use a desktop to request access. I’ve akso tried filing flight plan in airmap while st home but unless I’m on site, I don’t receive a text approval.

I think what I'm calling red is what you are calling pink. Is this somewhere very close to an airport or approach path?

Airmap shouldn't care if you are on site or not. I've gotten authorization texts from hundred of miles away in the past.

Reactions: Thomas B
I fly my M2P with my CS, after getting AirMap LAANC approval on my phone, I am never asked for anything else. Nothing to enter. Just gives the regular CS interface and I fly. All software is current on all devices. I never fly with my phone.
Just a thought...

But you're not trying to fly in a DJI red zone.

That's the whole point, flying in red is a multi-day approval process with a bunch of paperwork required on DJI side.

I agree airmap shouldn’t care where I am when I set my flight path, however, it does. See photo attached. Open the photo to see at the bottom, when I request authorization and I’m not on site, it just says begin flight. Only when I’m on site, does it text me a code.

Attachments

• E1DF855C-4ADC-4055-8992-6A4455822F5E.png
    E1DF855C-4ADC-4055-8992-6A4455822F5E.png
    379.9 KB · Views: 7
And no, DJI does not allow me enter the code on site, I must use a desktop to access the flysafe website. I can use google chrome to access desktop mobile, but then DJI requires a few days notice, I just can’t get text approval from airmap unless I’m on site ready to fly which doesn’t work with DJI, so the whole process is circular. Also, red zones appear on DJI, those are specific flight paths, what I call pink is where I am, not red, but 4 miles away from airport, just not the 5 it requires to be completely out of zone

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929