DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlocking Mavic Pro axis?

kimpanattoni

Reactions
Heya everyone:

Again forum-fu search not strong failure here. The Mavic Pro M1P has a 3 axis gimbal, and as I understand it, full control of this can only be achieved using goggles. This was the statement many years ago.

What has changed since then -if anything has- to allow full control of it without the use of goggles? Seems that after all this time, there has to have been a newer solution aside from goggles...?

Thanks!

-Kim

Nothing's changed, but moving gimbal yaw manually basically has no purpose anyway.

On aircraft like the inspire yes, but the yaw travel on the mavic is too restricted to be useful.

On aircraft like the inspire yes, but the yaw travel on the mavic is too restricted to be useful.
So a couple of questions then:

1. What is the second controller on the M1P useful for if not for separate control of camera and aircraft?
2. I seem to recall newer Mavic models having 3-axis functionality. If this is true, why have it/why restrict it in the M1P?

Flight training basically.

AFAIK none of the Mavics has a true dual operator function like the Inspires do.

Flight training basically.

AFAIK none of the Mavics has a true dual operator function like the Inspires do.
Interesting, I did not know that. I do have to admit that when a friend was doing some of my basic training, the Mavic I was flying did have a full motion gimbal, so perhaps I just got a little spoiled. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje