DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlocking the Huawei Ascend XT2 Wunderphone

rjanumpally

Reactions
Anyone do this successfully so you can use any sim from any carrier including international sims rather than just ATT providers. Let us know. Thanks. Huawei has a bootloader free on their site but the xda forums report it bricking the phone.

DC unlocker says they will be getting the phone after January 1st. They already ordered a phone from one of the us sales websites, Walmart or Jet but it takes a long time to get to them due to them being in Lithuania. Anyone living near Lithuania or in Lithuania who wants to unlock their phone please pm me and I can put you in contact with them so you can mail them your phone and they can unlock it and come up with a universal sim unlock for all of us. Thanks!

Anyone do this successfully so you can use any sim from any carrier including international sims rather than just ATT providers. Let us know. Thanks. Huawei has a bootloader free on their site but the xda forums report it bricking the phone.

Successfully moved mine to a TracFone T-Mobile account before ever activating it with AT&T.

Not looking like such a great deal anymore as it appears they are stealing your info and other issues - Huawei getting very bad press today January 10
Sounds like another Chinese company we know. I have both the XT2 and Honor 6X. Neither has a SIM card, never been activated and used only in airplane mode. I have no personal data on either one, so I am not concerned.

So its unlocked now??
Yes, you can unlock it, but not for free. As far as rooting is concerned, there has been huge progress made recently so I will say it's a matter of days now.
Once the phone will be rooted, you can expect free unlocked bootloader to be available.

Not looking like such a great deal anymore as it appears they are stealing your info and other issues - Huawei getting very bad press today January 10
Which brings me back to my earlier point that the beauty of this phone is to use it without a sim and in airplane mode. Keep it disconnected from the internet. No updates, no reporting, freedom.

But Huawei is not the only one potentially giving up our info to the China gov't. Most of the major phones out there have been found to have hardware "backdoors" to enable spying.i think in this case that Huawei was unjustly targeted -- there is evidence that this may be due to political pressure -- a trade issue, in that USA based manufacturer s do not want competition from China based companies. The same goes for Oppo.

Which brings me back to my earlier point that the beauty of this phone is to use it without a sim and in airplane mode. Keep it disconnected from the internet. No updates, no reporting, freedom.

But Huawei is not the only one potentially giving up our info to the China gov't. Most of the major phones out there have been found to have hardware "backdoors" to enable spying.i think in this case that Huawei was unjustly targeted -- there is evidence that this may be due to political pressure -- a trade issue, in that USA based manufacturer s do not want competition from China based companies. The same goes for Oppo.
Actually, no, most major players do not have back doors which is why the US government is pushing for companies such as Apple to build them in. Even the US government can't get in them sometimes.

Actually, no, most major players do not have back doors which is why the US government is pushing for companies such as Apple to build them in. Even the US government can't get in them sometimes.
You may disagree if you like. We have different sources for information. But just saying "no" isn't what I would call much of a conversation.

Possibly, but here are a couple of links to back up my statements...
The first one shows if there was a back door, they would have used it. The second shows the current controversy over adding them.
But you assume that I'm talking about back doors for US government access. I never said or implied that. Quite the opposite in fact.

Yes, you can unlock it, but not for free. As far as rooting is concerned, there has been huge progress made recently so I will say it's a matter of days now.
Once the phone will be rooted, you can expect free unlocked bootloader to be available.

I have been an iPhone guy but did buy the XT2 when it was at that great price of $49, just to fly with. I am new to Android and wondering what is the difference between unlocking and rooting please. Also where can I find out when it will be able to unlock this phone. Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada