DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unmounting otg devices

gjmphoto

Reactions
I have gotten my otg cable to work with the bt300 and it's ok playing video and music directly from a usb drive. However...I cannot figure it how to unmount the usb drive to remove it safely. I downloaded a different file mgr but still cannot find that option. Does anyone know how to do it?

I just rip the usb out of my BT-300

Yeah...that's an option...but when I put it into my desktop after doing that, it scans and fixes the disk...successfully...but this makes me a little uncomfortable. Is there an Epson support email?

Yeah...that's an option...but when I put it into my desktop after doing that, it scans and fixes the disk...successfully...but this makes me a little uncomfortable. Is there an Epson support email?

EpsonMoverio here on this forum is an Epson rep, reach out to him or her

Thanks for the link to Epson support! I reached out them and they referred me to this link:
How to Safely Remove USB OTG from Android - Technology Hint
which turned out to have the answer (it's an android OTG question, not a Movario question, but Epson support was gracious and non-judgmental).

There are two issues remaining, however:
1) You can't actually run a movie directly from the USB device. Instead, you must copy the file you want to view onto the Moverio device's storage before using it. Pretty much not what I wanted. It might be an OTG thing, I don't know, but I'll check with Epson support to see if I'm missing something and will report it back here. If anyone has experience with this, please let me know.
2) The Moverio "Lost" the connection to the device at least once...where I couldn't unmount it and couldn't see any files on the disk. I turned the Movario off, disconnected the USB, turned the Moverio back on and reconnected the device and all was well again: (View, copy, watch, unmount). That worked, but I hate inconsistent behavior in devices.

OK...closing this out. Not sure who's interested in this, but I have resolution. . The key is to make sure you've turned OFF USB Debugging before you plug in your OTG cable, or the device will not receive power. The link Epson sent is exactly correct for safe unmounting: you find the unmount command in the Settings-Storage dialog for the USB device. The problem of having to copy the videos from the USB to the internal storage of the Moverio was actually a problem with the file manager. I sideloaded a program called OTG Player, which plays video directly from the OTG USB device. Works like a charm. Since using this combination of products, the OTG device is remaining attached until I dismount it. All is good!

Thank you all for your help and I hope this helps someone else someday as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada