DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unnecessary mistake

Janne Swede

Reactions
Bild1.JPG
The first flight with my new Mavic pro Platinum ended up high in a tree. Only one propeller broken, it is not easy to climb trees when you are 73 years old This is my sixth drone and has never before been stuck in a tree, unnecessary mistake.

Last edited:
View attachment 79533
The first flight with my new Mavic pro Platinum ended up high in a tree. Only one propeller broken, it is not easy to climb trees when you are 73 years old This is my sixth drone and has never before been stuck in a tree, unnecessary mistake.
You climbed THAT tree to retrieve your Mavic? And you’re 6 years older than me?
From now on I’m flying with you. Thumbswayup

Jake

You climbed THAT tree to retrieve your Mavic? And you’re 6 years older than me?
From now on I’m flying with you. Thumbswayup

Jake
I'm with you guys too! I stuck my M2P in a tall fir tree on my 3rd flight. I used a 16-foot extension ladder to get part way up and then it was like Janne the rest of the way! I replaced two props and was good to go...except for my confidence.

Twocalf!
I try to cure my self-confidence with flying more and with larger margins.
Janne

Twocalf!
I try to cure my self-confidence with flying more and with larger margins.
Janne
I agree. I had programmed in a waypoints mission and got too cute by trying to fly very close to a tree ( I got my wish...just too close). I panicked when the aircraft approached the tree and probably aggrevated the situation by fumbling with the joysticks....rookie mistake!

I too am in my sixties and love reading threads such as these. How about a new sitcom for Hollywood "Sixty+ Something and Can't Be Stopped".:cool:

Great Job!

Happy and safe flying, watch out for those squirrels!
inno

i am glad it was not me who made that unnecessary mistake because with my heart condition i would have been unable to climb that pesky tree.

good on you though you have given us all hope happy flying and watch out for those trees

• Love
Reactions: Janne Swede
I had my Air "disappear" about five weeks in... that did my 62 year old heart no good. App crash on my tablet and no reconnect. Of course I was in VLOS so there was problem... I didn't have to wait for RTH to save my ***... and my nose is growing longer as I type....?

Hi Stock my first drone up 50' in a tree directly above someones front door. ended up hiring a tree trimmer to get it down.

Wow...I am glad you and your drone ok! Unfortunately most lessons in life are always learned the hard way!
I too am in my sixties and love reading threads such as these. How about a new sitcom for Hollywood "Sixty+ Something and Can't Be Stopped".:cool:

Great Job!

Happy and safe flying, watch out for those squirrels!
inno
Hello!
I agree, was surprised that I managed to climb so high when I don't like heights.

Reactions: old man mavic
I didn't even see a ladder to start wow, your in shape

Hello
No ladder, and the branches were not at the right height for my capacity either, a little pain in the body today otherwise all good.
Janne
I found some grid for a barbecue to rise up for the first step, a bit unsteady but it ended well.

Attachments

• Bild1.jpg
    Bild1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 6
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark