DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unstable??;help please

Mycallhill

Reactions
My mini has been fantastic now all of a sudden it’s become unpredictable and irratic;when I lift of mm goes bit sidewards then settles(updates homepoint)but then when I fly it’s unstable-just dropped from 2 mtrs;hit the ground and also not as responsive;previously very precise;now on the verge of losing control;I recalibrated both compass and imu but didn’t help;;I have landed before it crashes(I have also changed both props on one arm after it going sidewards trying to take off and clipping wall-as I have said before all previous take offs were 100%,initiate lift off and it went straight up and hovered good ;now struggling to hold position;I’m showing 12 satellites;;help please

Three things to do now:

1) post your flightlogs from the last flight (the one that started to show the behaviour), so experts can take a look at them and might give you a hint what the cause is.

2) while waiting for the expertise, make sure all relevant parts are calibrated (compass, IMU and the controler)

3) be a little patient, do not fly until there is an indication whyt causes the problem. If you fly, you might endanger your drone and in the consequence of that also other people.

Reactions: netsonic
Thanks for help;I resolved the issue;just for peace of mind I recalibrated both compass and imu;then recalibrated controller;;finally and I think most importantly I replaced another 2 props(1 had the very slightest abrasion to the edge and I do mean slightest)this resolved everything;MM now stable as before;lesson is if you have even the slightest of imperfections on the props ;change.
My symptoms were:-uneven lift off/hover unstable/unpredictable flight actions/dropping elevation suddenly and power warning showing almost constantly on top left of controller display

Good to hear!

Wish you always at least 10 mm between your drone and an obstacle :)

Sorry;I also picked up on the 10 millimetre thing;I haven’t seen any reference to being 10 metres away either;I never launch that close to anything that under normal circumstances would affect take off;thanks Mick H

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird