DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unusual Behavior

TraysUp

Reactions
Finally got a brand new Mavic back from DJI care. I charge up everything go outside since it's a nice day, first couple take offs everything was great video and picture was horrible though. After flying around for about 15 minutes landed to use the restroom, came back fired everything up and as soon as I would get the propellers started and in the air it would just keep going up until I pulled down on the stick then it would only land. It would not just decrease altitude and hover. The aircraft and remote came to me with firmware 400 but my iPad mini 4 is fully updated. Anyone experience this?

Calibrate your RC sticks and also retry to sync with Mavic. Make sure both are on same firmware.

Recalibrate also your Mavic... IMU, COMPASS, ETC...

Yup, sounds like one way or another, your VPS is reading wrong. You might notice the VPS height in the corner reading 0.1m or something similar. The quick fix to avoid the ascending and landing is to disable Landing Protection. You shouldn't have to disable the VPS completely. But the proper fix may not be so easy. If it's not dirt or a calibration problem, you will probably need to send it back.

Finally got a brand new Mavic back from DJI care. I charge up everything go outside since it's a nice day, first couple take offs everything was great video and picture was horrible though. After flying around for about 15 minutes landed to use the restroom, came back fired everything up and as soon as I would get the propellers started and in the air it would just keep going up until I pulled down on the stick then it would only land. It would not just decrease altitude and hover. The aircraft and remote came to me with firmware 400 but my iPad mini 4 is fully updated. Anyone experience this?

Is there any chance you used the precise takeoff. This may seem like it is continually ascending but it needs to go up to around 6mts or more.

Reactions: scooot
Only Precision landing was on cleaned vision position sensors and will try again after I finish charging the batteries.

So you seem to be saying that Precision landing was on. This means that the Mavic will climb to around 20ft or 6mts which is what it is supposed to do.

So you seem to be saying that Precision landing was on. This means that the Mavic will climb to around 20ft or 6mts which is what it is supposed to do.
Not quite correct. It will only climb to 20ft (erroneously labeled as 20m in the app) if the "Preciously record takeoff point" checkbox is checked before sliding to confirm an auto-takeoff. Otherwise, it does the normal 1.2m (4ft) takeoff.

183754viiiplzi4sjwpe15.png

I don't know if the Mavic for precise landing needs to be at 20m. I'm using always the auto takeoff and the AC takeoff and stays at 1m, after I ascend to 10m and some secs later the precise landing point is recorded.

Reactions: EJay

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ