DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unwanted Black Friday Ad

Heidelburger

Reactions
Had a quick look around but don't seem to see a thread jumping out at me on this...so here goes.
After every flight, I'm left with a 'Black Friday' Ad on my Samsung S5. Maybe there's a 'No junk mail' check box but I aint feeling it. If I'm ever in the market for a second Mavic I'll go bargain hunting, but before then ....Advice please?

Yup, same thing happens with my S6 plus, I get tons of picture promotions in my gallery, two or three pics a day, really pisses me off, this is an invasion. Worse yet is that even though I have cel data access turned off for the app, it still downloads taking up my cel plan data. I have complained to DJI and all they can do is apologize which is what they are good at but they can't won't change their process.

Yup, same thing happens with my S6 plus, I get tons of picture promotions in my gallery, two or three pics a day, really pisses me off, this is an invasion. Worse yet is that even though I have cel data access turned off for the app, it still downloads taking up my cel plan data. I have complained to DJI and all they can do is apologize which is what they are good at but they can't won't change their process.

Sorry Brad but nice to know I'm not alone here. All mine are currently deleted and too wet to test out the ".nomedia" solution. Just another thought. How come mine are always the 'Black Friday' alert? Is this an all year round event now!?

It would seem this isn't a DJI issue, but rather an Android issue. The media scanner searches out the pictures, and ends up adding the pictures to your gallery because the app redownloads them. The picture folder, containing the ads, needs an empty file called ".nomedia". That will stop it from being added to your gallery.

It would seem this isn't a DJI issue, but rather an Android issue. The media scanner searches out the pictures, and ends up adding the pictures to your gallery because the app redownloads them. The picture folder, containing the ads, needs an empty file called ".nomedia". That will stop it from being added to your gallery.
Thanks CP That would explain the 'Black Friday' nature of the problem. I'm also getting a dupe of my video shot on my phone which is great but can I select that this is automatically saved on my phones Micro SD (rather than the phones drive) as my device storage is pretty chocka atm.

Thanks CP That would explain the 'Black Friday' nature of the problem. I'm also getting a dupe of my video shot on my phone which is great but can I select that this is automatically saved on my phones Micro SD (rather than the phones drive) as my device storage is pretty chocka atm.
I'm no Android expert, so I will defer that to someone with more knowledge in that area. I only know bits and pieces, and enough for basic troubleshooting.

Another reason why I like my Apple devices.

Android..... LOL.
Isn't that what they run on those childrens pretend tablets and laptops? You know, the ones that arent powerful enough to run a grown up operating system. :D
I see it prevails in the free phone choices, along with the 4-6 year old apple phones.

:D *ducks under the desk*

yeah,duckings in order when your'e the minority:)

Reactions: Dw911
You must have noticed that MOST of the problems talked about on here are android devices? So, Yes, I am the minority.

You must have noticed that MOST of the problems talked about on here are android devices? So, Yes, I am the minority.
i dont have android issues and the 3x the price i save can be spent on prophylactics for boys like you.:p

Reactions: Dw911
When you finally decide to try and fly one of the virgin Mavic pros in your collection, You will soon find out all about android problems. I dont need to do or say anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you will all be pleased to hear that the ".nomedia" solution seems to have killed that spamming.
Nice to know that some of us still have control over our operating systems

Ok just did the firmware upgrade and ended up with 22 new video commercials and 10 stills in my gallery. DJI is out of control and must be stopped. I have already complained but we need everyone to do the same. Will try the no media thing but WE SHOULDNT HAVE TO!

Ok just did the firmware upgrade and ended up with 22 new video commercials and 10 stills in my gallery. DJI is out of control and must be stopped. I have already complained but we need everyone to do the same. Will try the no media thing but WE SHOULDNT HAVE TO!
Sorry to hear that. '.nomedia' certainly slowed things down for me but some still slip through. Don't want to moan too much for fear of starting the 'Apple Crumbles' off again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent