DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update Home Point - what does it actually do?

InvisibleName

Reactions
Ok, I’ve searched all over and cannot get a definitive answer to this. Once I’ve got good GPS and take off, the kind lady tells me “the Home Point has been updated, please check it on the map”. From then on, if RTH is selected or kicks in due to an emergency, the MA2 will fly back to the recorded point.

My question is this:

On the Safety menu it gives the option to “Update Home Point”, but what does it use for this ? The RC location? A selected point on the map? The current location of the drone?

The drone will land at that point when it’s time to return to home . I you take off and fly and than you update your home it will now land at the current position of the drone when you push the button to update it .

Reactions: charliej
Ok, I’ve searched all over and cannot get a definitive answer to this. Once I’ve got good GPS and take off, the kind lady tells me “the Home Point has been updated, please check it on the map”. From then on, if RTH is selected or kicks in due to an emergency, the MA2 will fly back to the recorded point.

My question is this:

On the Safety menu it gives the option to “Update Home Point”, but what does it use for this ? The RC location? A selected point on the map? The current location of the drone?

I am brand new to this, received my Mavic Air 2 on Saturday 5/23/2020. That being said I believe if you sheck out this video you will see good explanation on this subject.

Reactions: Photodonn
I am brand new to this, received my Mavic Air 2 on Saturday 5/23/2020. That being said I believe if you sheck out this video you will see good explanation on this subject.

Thanks for sharing the video. As a note, it doesn't help answer the original question which is about changing the home point with the app after take off, not just returning to the original home point.

Have fun with your new Air 2!

Good video but wrong subject - that one is all about Precision Landing, not updating the home point

My question is this:

Once in flight, you can update the home point to any of those options: RC location, selected point on map or current location of drone. Whatever you chose, will then be the new 'Home Point'. Personally I have only ever updated to the current position of drone. I use this if say I take off in my back yard, but then walk to the front. I will fly to the new location, and while hovering set a new home point and then fly off.

Pretty sure I've seen YT videos regarding this.

Can you post the correct video? I’ve searched all over and can’t find any authoritative guide to this for the MA2

Since it is using the DJI Fly app isn't it the same as for the Mini, offering to reset the home point to the current aircraft location (arrow button), the controller location (controller button), or to an arbitrary point on the map?

IMG_0275.PNG

Reactions: hiflyer201
Not sure why objects for RTH would have anything to do with anything. Isn't it all about GPS?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1