DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UPDATE* Mistake fixed w/ IOS Open sky app. Moving the planned flight area / auto authorized operating area location

xanthic

Reactions
Greetings!
I have a question. I am using the IOS open sky app. I’m in Farmington NM and want to fly around city near the river within legal limits.
I Applied with LAANC on the page and got approval to fly. However when looking at flight details, I opened up the map and the planned flight area was somewhere in BFE In the middle of nowhere.

How do I change the location of where I plan to fly ? I didn’t see any options to pick the location where I want to fly unless I missed it. I checked with the help section in the app and there was no answer.

Does anyone know how to fix what I’m talking about? I can provide additional info if it helps.
Thank you so much!
Stay safe,
Alex

5DFB2001-02DE-4220-B551-97C4E3FBE931.jpegA1F59F2F-3BBB-44D1-AB83-2200E91EA51E.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BSauce955
I think I just figured it out.
In the app after you hit “Get approval” The first thing it does is have you pick the area where you want to fly.
I completely missed that part and hit “Continue“.

It‘s easy to miss, especially if your me and didn’t notice the subtle change on the map.
You will see a white dotted circle that’s expandable when you touch it. Drag it over to the location you want approval for. Otherwise if you miss it, it will automatically pick an area for you where ever it pops up at on the map. You will then have to cancel your flight and start the entire process over again.

Hopefully my mistake will be helpful with others having the same issue.

Update* I canceled the flight and resubmitted the request with the proper location of where I wanted to fly. The process was seamless with internet connection and I was surprised at how fast I got approval!

I am just thankful there’s a great place like this on the web.

Stay safe!
AlexA0B7EC30-E430-473C-B1F7-832B92FF9D12.jpeg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S