DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update to 107 Recurrent Exam

theDRONEranger

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Looking for 107 recurrent exam studies. Out of the game for about 3 years now. Health issues.
Dang near died in the ER at Ft Carson in 2019 courtesy of 2x misdiagnoses in 3 days time. 10 days in civilian hospital ICU.
Lost 55 pounds in 15 seconds. Health is coming back and I want to complete the recurrent to get caught up.

On-line/off line test banks and Q&A's is possible.
PM please.

Jeffrey

Looking for 107 recurrent exam studies. Out of the game for about 3 years now. Health issues.
Dang near died in the ER at Ft Carson in 2019 courtesy of 2x misdiagnoses in 3 days time. 10 days in civilian hospital ICU.
Lost 55 pounds in 15 seconds. Health is coming back and I want to complete the recurrent to get caught up.

On-line/off line test banks and Q&A's is possible.
PM please.

Jeffrey

Just take the Part 107 Small UAS Recurrent test (ALC677) at Safer Skies Through Education - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov. You'll see a link to that in the "Featured Courses" box in the upper left corner of the page. If you don't have an FAASTeam account, just create one.

This is all online now, and it's free. And there is no studying. You just study and then take some retention tests. It's easy, and impossible to fail.

Glad to see you back in the game. A lot has happened since our last private chat.

So when you let your license lapse "been 3 years" you do not have to start all over again?

So when you let your license lapse "been 3 years" you do not have to start all over again?
You can let it lapse for any number of years and you do NOT have to go back to take the initial test. All you must do is complete a recurrent test and your good for the next 24 months. There is no expiration date on your initial certification card.

You can let it lapse for any number of years and you do NOT have to go back to take the initial test. All you must do is complete a recurrent test and your good for the next 24 months. There is no expiration date on your initial certification card.
Interesting. I am into ham radio. You let your license lapse so long and you start all over. Thank you.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Just take the Part 107 Small UAS Recurrent test (ALC677) at Safer Skies Through Education - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov. You'll see a link to that in the "Featured Courses" box in the upper left corner of the page. If you don't have an FAASTeam account, just create one.

This is all online now, and it's free. And there is no studying. You just study and then take some retention tests. It's easy, and impossible to fail.
My part 107 expires in June.
It was 2 years ago in June I passed my 107..
So the link u shared is good for me too?

My part 107 expires in June.
It was 2 years ago in June I passed my 107..
So the link u shared is good for me too?
Yes and that link is good for ANYONE who has already passed the initial Part 107 course they were eligible for (Part 61 or Not Part 61).

I used this excellent video to study for my test a couple years ago (I passed the first time). It was released in 2017 but nearly all of it should be the same except anything LAANC related.

This is GREAT to hear, I as I live overseas.

You are flying a 3 lb drone for recreational purposes. Do you have to part 107?

No.

But you still have to register the thing which practically puts it in part 107.

I used this excellent video to study for my test a couple years ago (I passed the first time). It was released in 2017 but nearly all of it should be the same except anything LAANC related.

Like many, this resource for preparing for the Pt. 107 Initial exam is incomplete, obsolete, and partially incorrect as of the FAA regulatory and exam updates in April 2021.

New regs and study areas now include Operations Over People, Over Vehicles, and night operations. Best to seek resources have been updated post-April 2021. The exam changed. Old prep materials will have you answering some questions wrong.

However, the OP’s question is about the recurrent exam, which does not require prep at all, because it includes training.

You are flying a 3 lb drone for recreational purposes. Do you have to part 107?

No.

But you still have to register the thing which practically puts it in part 107.
How is that? I’m not following how registering a drone “practically puts it in part 107.”

One can fly a drone <55 lbs. recreationally with the free online TRUST training/exam. You don’t need a Pt. 107 Remote Pilot Certificate to fly a 3 lb. drone. You might want the additional knowledge and certification, but it isn’t free and does take time and maybe $ to prep.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
How is that? I’m not following how registering a drone “practically puts it in part 107.”

One can fly a drone <55 lbs. recreationally with the free online TRUST training/exam. You don’t need a Pt. 107 Remote Pilot Certificate to fly a 3 lb. drone. You might want the additional knowledge and certification, but it isn’t free and does take time and maybe $ to prep.
It's the part 107 that required the registration of a quad more than half a pound.

I did the TRUST in under all of 5 or 10 minutes.

TRUST is like baby part 107.

One question asks if the RPIC or the guy at the controls has to maintain visual observation of the quad at all times. Pick one.

Then the next section says that both (RPIC and controls) have to keep visual at all times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143