DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update to DJI Go 4 flight restrictions?

Rob Burke

Reactions
There is a park near my home where I would like to fly my Mavic Air. However the location is just inside a flight path for a nearby airport according to the DJI software, and it will not allow me to take off. Looking at the same location in the Airmap app and on the FAA website, that location has a ceiling of 200 ft after getting authorization. Is there a way to update the DJI software so it will recognize this new flight restriction status?

If you are under a blue zone in the DJI map, you can unlock in the field.
DJI app needs internet access.
Attempt to start your motors. App will then prompt you to start unlock procedure.
Part of the process will require providing a credit card # or mobile number. The latter will have them send txt msg with code. Either of these prove to the app you are an adult human. Then it will have you check a few checboxes to agree to responsibility.

This may also work for some red zones.

Reactions: dawgpilot
If you are under a blue zone in the DJI map, you can unlock in the field.
DJI app needs internet access.
Attempt to start your motors. App will then prompt you to start unlock procedure.
Part of the process will require providing a credit card # or mobile number. The latter will have them send txt msg with code. Either of these prove to the app you are an adult human. Then it will have you check a few checboxes to agree to responsibility.

This may also work for some red zones.
A question about the code, where do you input it? Is there a spot in the Go 4 App? Maybe I'm missing it. Is it one of those dark blue things that is so hard to see in the daylight? Thanks.....

I'm not under blue anymore (though airspace conditions says I should still be) so I can't test exact steps.
I do know though that you have to attempt launch to start the process.

Also found out if you get "can't fly", attempting start will give you more details as to why. My last time, IMU was waiting for attitude information from sensors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123