DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updated go4 app

Welsh pilot

Reactions
Just updated app and now you can set your batteries to discharge at a custom amount of days
Set mine to 8
You will have to update every battery individually once you select your requirement

Just updated app and now you can set your batteries to discharge at a custom amount of days
Set mine to 8
You will have to update every battery individually once you select your requirement
I'd recommend something a little more conservative like 2-3 days given these batteries have a propensity to swell.

The latest firmware is what made this change but the firmware required app version 4.3.24 to be able to take advantage of all the new firmware features.
Default days before discharge begins is now 5. Because this was introduced with the firmware update, the new default probably only applies to M2Z/P.
Notice this was done right after many of us have encountered bloating of batteries made on or before 8/2018, even though the default had been 10 days for DJI quads foe at least 4 years.

I'd say half of us or more didn't see the firmware make any updates to the battery. I know none of mine needed it.

The latest firmware is what made this change but the firmware required app version 4.3.24 to be able to take advantage of all the new firmware features.
Default days before discharge begins is now 5. Because this was introduced with the firmware update, the new default probably only applies to M2Z/P.
Notice this was done right after many of us have encountered bloating of batteries made on or before 8/2018, even though the default had been 10 days for DJI quads foe at least 4 years.

I'd say half of us or more didn't see the firmware make any updates to the battery. I know none of mine needed it.
i’m not so sure about that,i bought the mav2 flymore and the two batteries in that kit were 2019 and they needed the update!?

A firmware or two prior did update the batteries. Just not the most recent.
If the firmware you had prior to this update was several revisions behind, or the batteries for that matter, then indeed the batteries would be updated to catch up.

Often the release notes will indicate if there's also a battery update, but sometimes DJI gets generic, like they do about setting changes.

A firmware or two prior did update the batteries. Just not the most recent.
If the firmware you had prior to this update was several revisions behind, or the batteries for that matter, then indeed the batteries would be updated to catch up.

Often the release notes will indicate if there's also a battery update, but sometimes DJI gets generic, like they do about setting changes.
If you ever get a "FW Mismatch" error, it's really prompting you to update the current battery.

Usually. But last week my M2 started acting weird midway in a hover test with a new battery. I've powered up with this battery before without the inconsistent FW warning but there it was after reboot. An older battery I had flown before did the same thing and had enough charge to apply the .update. After that the other battery or any other didn't trigger update.

Usually. But last week my M2 started acting weird midway in a hover test with a new battery. I've powered up with this battery before without the inconsistent FW warning but there it was after reboot. An older battery I had flown before did the same thing and had enough charge to apply the .update. After that the other battery or any other didn't trigger update.
Just wanted to clarify that "FW Mismatch" is not a prompt to update aircraft FW, and certainly won't cause any problems if ignored. It's a harmless message that relates to the battery FW. Just dismiss it!

Again that's usually the case, but in mine, it was not. Some sort of corruption occurred and it wanted to fix the firmware, regardless of which battery was installed. Once firmware was re-updated, none of the batteries called for an update.

Granted there were other symptoms that occurred in flight just before I restarted and the firmware alert came up.

I sure wish DJI would do an update to allow turning off charging my device (note 8) in FW or app. My M2P RC would last longer and not have to be charged as often. Sorry off subject.

I sure wish DJI would do an update to allow turning off charging my device (note 8) in FW or app. My M2P RC would last longer and not have to be charged as often. Sorry off subject.
My DjiGo4 iOs app provides the option.

Originally I was focused on the power control being in the RC, but just realized its probably really being controlled at the mobile device. I suspect Google did not natively provide that option in their Android API. DJI can't use what isn't provided to them to use, at least not without probably needing your Android to be rooted.

However Apple did provide that function in their hardware and iOS, so DJI was able to take advantage of it.

Again that's usually the case, but in mine, it was not. Some sort of corruption occurred and it wanted to fix the firmware, regardless of which battery was installed. Once firmware was re-updated, none of the batteries called for an update.

Granted there were other symptoms that occurred in flight just before I restarted and the firmware alert came up.
That's the problem with an ambiguous message like that. Apparently, sometimes it means something else!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54