DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

updates

teccer

Reactions
sorry about being a PIA always asking questions but having a P3P for years and never updated it with no problems (if it aint broke dont fix it)
when I got my new M2 a few days ago I updated it to the latest firmware but now I've got the opportunity to auto update, is this a good idea or not?

if or when DJI bring in an update to enable Litchi then I will update that but in the past some updates have caused many problems in the Phantom series.

ray

Hi Ray, the question " to update or not " is one of those questions
with lots of different opinions attached to it. There are many threads
on here discussing the options, i'd search the subject on here and take
it from there. Good luck and happy flying.

Reactions: slup
In general & when it comes to either craft firmware or app updates the middle ground is to follow along & update ... but do it with some delay to see (on forums) if the updates have brought in any problems.

But if you isn't a tinker, not jumping of joy every time a update surfaces, don't already have a problem waiting to be solved, not particular eager to have or try out new features & don't like to act as a beta tester for DJI ... then it's usually fine to continue without updating. Development usually have set backs ... but in the broader perspective thing's get better in general.

I would set that auto update to off ... wait in comments & reactions & then update manually.

Then ... you mention that you have a M2 (Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom)? Litchi have been functional for years for that craft. It's another thing if you actually mean MA2 (Mavic Air 2) ... There Litchi is still to come. But that will most probably not require any craft firmware updates ... just download the Litchi app on your mobile device & go.

Last edited:
In general & when it comes to either craft firmware or app updates the middle ground is to follow along & update ... but do it with some delay to see (on forums) if the updates have brought in any problems.

But if you isn't a tinker, not jumping of joy every time a update surfaces, don't already have a problem waiting to be solved, not particular eager to have or try out new features & don't like to act as a beta tester for DJI ... then it's usually fine to continue without updating. Development usually have set backs ... but in the broader perspective thing's get better in general.

I would set that auto update to off ... wait in comments & reactions & then update manually.

Then ... you mention that you have a M2 (Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom)? Litchi have been functional for years for that craft. It's another thing if you actually mean MA2 (Mavic Air 2) ... There Litchi is still to come. But that will most probably not require any craft firmware updates ... just download the Litchi app on your mobile device & go.
thanks for that, I suppose I should get used to calling it the Mini 2 instead of just M2, that would make it clearer and yes my thoughts are to turn auto updates off for a while and see what comes along later
ray

My advice is to "wait and see."
Read about it and watch videos about the update.
Then wait to see if there are any complaints about the update.
If the update is what you think is good for you then go for it.
Never do auto updates.

Reactions: pelagic_one
just looked again and on my mini 2 I don't see the auto update, only check for updates so is'nt there an auto update on the mini2?
thinking about it it may have been my tablet that gave me the auto update option
I agree with eaglesurfing, leave it until it's been checked out

@teccer although i like to have the latest app and firmware updates installed, i do the same ,as i do with my I phone ,and I pad ,i have them set to let me know when an update is available, and then i decide if i want to do the update or not i find its the best and safest way

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98