DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating a New Air 2S

both work just fine have a fan blowing over the drone during the update to help it stay cool
the better and more reliable the internet connection ,then it will aid in a successful update

Reactions: rp6 and twickers14
I have always used the App with no problems but beware that DJI released a new firmware version for the Air2s (firmware 02.04.2320) this firmware version increased the antirollback value and thus it cannot be downgraded.

There is a really good thread you might want to catch regarding the Update on the Air 2S and because I could not get it to Pair was forced to use the Assistant 2 but gave me more control .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain/ Snow

Another thought would be to fly the product prior to any updates. They will fly without current firmware.
With some of the firmware issues I’ve been reading lately, some research may be a good idea.

DJI assistant is different from Air 2 and Air 2S. Bird updated, registered with FAA DJI fly safe.

Took her up for test flight, seemed fine. Fly tomorrow paid mission.
What exactly is "FAA DJI Fly Safe" :p because they're two separate things, and Fly Safe database doesn't do any registration.

And far as paid mission, are you talking about a Part 107 Op?

DJI has a site setup to enter your data, your birds data, to request a "unlock" on controlled air space. You can have a FAA waiver for controlled air space, but DJI will not fly without an unlock from DJI

Yes, Part 107,

Any info on what the update is about?
DJI Air 2S Release Notes
Date: 2022.10.26 Aircraft Firmware: v02.04.23.20 RC-N1 Remote Controller: v04.12.00.60 DJI Fly App iOS: v1.7.8 DJI Fly App Android: v1.7.8
What’s New?
 Added support for United States RID requirements.
 Added support for DJI RC remote controller.
 Added support for Expo Curve settings in Cine mode

I had a few updates to do with my Air2S!

RC Pro (new):
  • Update DJI Fly app
  • Update controller firmware
  • Update FlySafe database
Then connect to drone, activate, and bind.

Then update drone firmware.
Then shut down the drone, swap batteries, and update the drone firmware again.
And again for the 3rd battery.

Then configure the app for my preferences.
All up it took quite a bit of time. Glad I wasn't rushing to get it up in the air that day, but now everything's sorted.

All of the updates were done through the app on the controller. Doing it via a phone/RC-N1 would have been similar.

Reactions: kenjancef
Just a quick question in relation to updates - I noticed that I now have to log in to my account in order to unlock flight height restrictions. Is it possible to disable this recurring nag?

Just a quick question in relation to updates - I noticed that I now have to log in to my account in order to unlock flight height restrictions. Is it possible to disable this recurring nag?
Shouldn't reoccur once you're logged in. Hasn't for me on any of my devices once it's been logged into the first time.

I would suggest reinstalling or updating the dji fly app.

Shouldn't reoccur once you're logged in. Hasn't for me on any of my devices once it's been logged into the first time.

I would suggest reinstalling or updating the dji fly app.
Many thanks - I updated to the latest version, so I'll see if that sorts the issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929