DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating/Downgrading, Firmware, App Questions

MavicGuy

Reactions
So I have done some searching but thought I would post this up. I have a couple questions really.

Exactly how does one downgrade their firmware via assistant or app?
The reason I ask is I am experiencing a small issue where the drone ever slightly "turns" when hovering. Doesn't seem to be all the time but I am sure it is connected to the latest update. And do I have to downgrade each battery too? Also noticing the gimbal "jumps" when abruptly turning left or right...

Is it ok to switch back and forth between the old dji go and the new 4?
I would like to try the 4(downloaded and installed) but the old one seems to be working really good for the most part...

Any and all information concerning updating/downgrading suggestions are welcome just for common knowledge and learning purposes thanks!

Hardware: Mavic Pro w controller and Iphone 7

Last edited:
Why not perform a controller stick calibration before downgrading the firmware to see if that helps?

During flight? No! After landing and force killing the previously opened app (not just closing it) YES

I dont like any potential apps, notifications , or interference from OS pop ups to ever occur during flight.

If your leary StateFarm is your friend

During flight? No! After landing and force killing the previously opened app (not just closing it) YES

I dont like any potential apps, notifications , or interference from OS pop ups to ever occur during flight.

If your leary StateFarm is your friend

Yeah not during flight lol. But I was just referring to changing between apps between flights. So this should be ok then. Thanks! I want to see if the new 4 acts any differently.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Ok so I haven't tried Go 4 yet but flew it for a bit today and experienced my first "drifting" incident. Everything is up to date and the drifting occurred with gps. In the flight data replay it says weak gps during that time but the rest of the time shows 14 satellites connected. Hmmm. Gonna charge batteries and try out Go 4 tomorrow... any other suggestions?

Am sure I had none of the existing issues with the old firmware...

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Drifting WITH GPS lock? Wow. How many satellites were registered as being accessible?

How much drift and approximate wind velocity at the time?

You sure you did not hear "Atty Mode" from the tablets speaker or visually on screen when it was drifting?

To further explain. It had gps lock of 14 satellites. Then lost them completely and yes I believe it went into Atty mode at which time it would drift... I had to hit pause at one point to stop it from slamming into a house but then regained control of it. Gps came back and it flew fine for awhile then again kicked into atti... Each time it lost gps it had lots of satellites then went into atty mode. And each time it switched over I would temporarily lost control of it...

If this was not occurring before the firmware upgrade then perhaps this will become a common issue that is reported. Hmmmm. My bird came with the latest firmware preloaded and I have not experienced the issue you describe.

Sounds like you kept a cool head in that situation and that is key!

Ok so small update. I finally had a chance to run its legs for only a battery on the Go4 and wow! What a difference. Rock solid and response was very good. Seems to have addressed current issues and will stick with it for now.

Although one small gripe... It seems I am needing to calibrate the unit just about every time I fire it up... Not sure why but other than that it seems good:)

Edit: Worth noting that it also corrected the Gimbal shake when making sharp turns!

Last edited:
I have used GO4 exclusively for the Mavic. Used plain ol DJI GO with my phantom. I dont have to calibrate every flight though. Actually I have never had to calibrate it yet.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser