DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating firmware for the Action

Prmath

Reactions
does it have to be done via a Micro SD card? Instructions lead you to believe it is also possible via just WI-FI .....

does it have to be done via a Micro SD card? Instructions lead you to believe it is also possible via just WI-FI .....
Wifi worked for me (unless it is bluetooth - they ask for BT pairing). But it will ask for an sd-card if one is not already inserted. After the fact, I found the xxxx.bin file on the sd-card. So it downloads to the card and goes from there.

Reactions: Prmath
Ok, I need a micro SD card and a rather fast one to do the firmware upgrade

Wifi worked for me (unless it is bluetooth - they ask for BT pairing). But it will ask for an sd-card if one is not already inserted. After the fact, I found the xxxx.bin file on the sd-card. So it downloads to the card and goes from there.
Thanks for the help

Ok, I need a micro SD card and a rather fast one to do the firmware upgrade

Well, since the camera does not appear to have any internal storage, you will need a FAST sd-card to record any video in any event.

Just got a reply on the DJI forum. His comment was that BT does not have the bandwidth to download upgrade files and so it uses wifi. But now that I think about it, I don't recall it asking for my wifi password????? Interesting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada