DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating the MA2 firmware (drone, controller and batteries)

RonanCork

Reactions
Hey Guys,

Please feel free to point me to post where this is already covered.

I bought my MA2 in May. With the app and firmware updates recently to allow the digital zoom and also the gimbal smoothness stuff - I wanted to update my bird.

Does one need to update the RC and also each battery too ? For the bird's firmware update I'll use the DJI Assistant (used this when i got it in May and it worked a treat). Can I update the firmware of the RC and batteries using the assistant too ? (presume so)

Does anyone have a YouTube etc link for the latter (batteries) it it's not straightforward?

Thanks Ro

So you want to boot up everything as normal like you are going out to fly... So the remote, your device, and the drone..... now you want to make sure that everything is charged 100% when u boot to app screen you will receive a notice in the beginning screen of the fly app saying there is a firmware update tap on it and the remote and aircraft and the battery that's inside the aircraft will update all at once ;) now for the latter batteries all you will do is just once the first update is done (initial fw that did drone, remote and first battery) is just turn the quadcopter off put in the next battery go back to the beginning screen of the app and it should say u have a battery update.... Sometimes it doesn't so just clear the app in your device and then restart the app and you should see the update and it's as simple as that! The battery update literally takes a minute unlike the initial firmware....and then do the same exact thing for the next battery.....and like I said when you initially update everything it will do your remote the quadcopter and your first battery so dont worry .....only thing left are your remaining batteries and they are literally the only things that have to get updated ... and it's as simple as just tapping on update firmware in the app

You need to make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the internet

So you want to boot up everything as normal like you are going out to fly... So the remote, your device, and the drone..... now you want to make sure that everything is charged 100% when u boot to app screen you will receive a notice in the beginning screen of the fly app saying there is a firmware update tap on it and the remote and aircraft and the battery that's inside the aircraft will update all at once ;) now for the latter batteries all you will do is just once the first update is done (initial fw that did drone, remote and first battery) is just turn the quadcopter off put in the next battery go back to the beginning screen of the app and it should say u have a battery update.... Sometimes it doesn't so just clear the app in your device and then restart the app and you should see the update and it's as simple as that! The battery update literally takes a minute unlike the initial firmware....and then do the same exact thing for the next battery.....and like I said when you initially update everything it will do your remote the quadcopter and your first battery so dont worry .....only thing left are your remaining batteries and they are literally the only things that have to get updated ... and it's as simple as just tapping on update firmware in the app
Nice one - thanks for that!
Ro

I just updated the firmware for both MA2 and controller. I don't understand how to check if batteries (3) need firmware updating?

Reactions: MA2 317
I just updated the firmware for both MA2 and controller. I don't understand how to check if batteries (3) need firmware updating?
Put each battery in your drone, power up and, if they need an update, the RC will tell you via the DJI Fly app

Reactions: dawgpilot
I updated MA2 and controller firmware, iOS for my mini iPad3, and also the DJI Fly app. Now I get the message CPU fully loaded and DJI Fly app is running horribly slow. Everything worked fine prior to updates. Did new software push the mini3 over the edge for performance? Nuts... So, what's my best option?

I updated MA2 and controller firmware, iOS for my mini iPad3, and also the DJI Fly app. Now I get the message CPU fully loaded and DJI Fly app is running horribly slow. Everything worked fine prior to updates. Did new software push the mini3 over the edge for performance? Nuts... So, what's my best option?
Android. ;)

Same here and I have a mini 4.

I use to get it when I would run the screen recorder but now it's "fully loaded" with just the app running.

Seems to fly ok.

Looks like a mini 5 might be in my future.
Or maybe a Tripltek tablet. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3