DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrade from .400?

Should I upgrade from .400

• Total voters

ThisIsCusel

Reactions
If you were me....would you upgrade from .400 to current firmware?

I was on .500 for about 2 days before I rolled back to .400 and been running with that ever since. It was fine for some time, then the app finally forced an update. I haven't had any major hiccups, but a few lately. (Sudden switch to atti mode w/15 sats, forward vision error, NFZ Authorization text message codes...)

I'm kinda just sick of the firmware message as there is enough settings and warnings to keep track off without worrying if firmware is adding to the annoyances/stress level.

Also, there are benefits to the newer firmware. Increased active track speed being among the most interesting to me.

So...if you were me...would you go for the upgrade?

p.s. I only downgraded from .500 because I was losing connection constantly within 30 ft, but I decided that was due to the proprietary cable for the remote. I've since switched to the bottom usb with an Anker cable. Seems to have resolved that issue.

I'm still on 0.400 and i plan on leaving it that way.
0.700 is the next best thing as it introduces goggles and fixes some gimbal drift issues.

I heard its no longer possible to 'upgrade' to 0.700 firmware.

0.700 is the next best thing as it introduces goggles and fixes some gimbal drift issues.

Hhmmm, I just got my mp back from DJI customer support. They have fm .700 on it. So I guess I should leave it?

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Hhmmm, I just got my mp back from DJI customer support. They have fm .700 on it. So I guess I should leave it?

Leave it.
DJI is known to omit what is in their updates. They sneak things into their updates that hinders the aircrafts performance. They refer this as "bug fixes".

Staying on 400 here. Rock solid, don't like what I'm hearing about restrictions in the newer FW and had very bad experiences with 500.

Reactions: go fast
I've added every up date, last was .900. Haven't had any issues with it? The only warning I ever get is Grass strip airports,use caution,but that's about it!

I've added every up date, last was .900. Haven't had any issues with it? The only warning I ever get is Grass strip airports,use caution,but that's about it!
Yeah I get the recreational airstrip warning too. It's the river! The civil airport is 5 miles away. But here is the thing, DJI sent my original rc back, so the tx has .900 fw and the mp has .700. Should both have the same fm on them?

.400 that's what mine came with got it a couple weeks ago , flawless so far...

If you were me....would you upgrade from .400 to current firmware?

I was on .500 for about 2 days before I rolled back to .400 and been running with that ever since. It was fine for some time, then the app finally forced an update. I haven't had any major hiccups, but a few lately. (Sudden switch to atti mode w/15 sats, forward vision error, NFZ Authorization text message codes...)

I'm kinda just sick of the firmware message as there is enough settings and warnings to keep track off without worrying if firmware is adding to the annoyances/stress level.

Also, there are benefits to the newer firmware. Increased active track speed being among the most interesting to me.

So...if you were me...would you go for the upgrade?

p.s. I only downgraded from .500 because I was losing connection constantly within 30 ft, but I decided that was due to the proprietary cable for the remote. I've since switched to the bottom usb with an Anker cable. Seems to have resolved that issue.

No way

With all the options at my finger tips I am staying on .400
It's the most reliable firmware and the only two things it lacks are Fixed wing mode (which I will never use anyway) and the Goggles Motion tracking(if you update the goggles). I used the motion tracking for one flight and that was it. Turned it off and never looked back. I still updated the goggles to .900 so I have imperial units but I will not be using the head tracking! It messes up almost all my video footage because head control sucks for filming and hand control of the camera is just so much more precise and smooth.

Rob

I'm on FW 700 but when flying at night I'm having focus issues.. Don't know if it's worth upgrading to 900 to see if this issue is fixed.

Goggles still work fine on .400.
.700 adds gimbal off horizon problem that is not present on .400. You have to correct it with gimbal tilt, but this adds problems in portrait mode, so it is not a good fix.

.400fw was my only upgrade back in February and it maybe the last update for the life of this drone. Don't need the other options or lack of. I'm happy where I'm at!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE