DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrade from Air 2 to Air 2s

Nodak7

Reactions
I am considering upgrading from my current Air 2 (which I really like) to the 2S. I fly my Air 2 with a Smart Controller. My plan is to use my current Smart Controller with the 2S and I understand that I can do that but when I look in my Aircraft Management listing I do not see the 2s listed. Is there something I need to do to the Smart Controller to use it with a 2s? I believe I have the most current software for it. 1.0.880.

I am considering upgrading from my current Air 2 (which I really like) to the 2S.
Why replace something you "really like"? It's not a huge upgrade and doesn't address the Remote ID requirements coming next year.
The answer to your question is the SC will work with both Air 2 and Air 2S.

Reactions: nick779 and Nodak7
Why replace something you "really like"? It's not a huge upgrade and doesn't address the Remote ID requirements coming next year.
The answer to your question is the SC will work with both Air 2 and Air 2S.
There are many of us us that would strongly disagree, in particular regarding the camera.

Huge difference. It's the reason I upgraded, and I haven't been disappointed.

Reactions: Dbez1 and mereflyer
There are many of us us that would strongly disagree, in particular regarding the camera.

Huge difference. It's the reason I upgraded, and I haven't been disappointed.
Exactly Epic. I wanted an upgrade to the camera. I am just not certain if it will work with my existing Smart Controller. I really do not want to step back to the old Mavic Controller. Just wanted to ask someone who has upgraded and using their old Smart Controller before I jump in whole hog!

Reactions: mereflyer
Also, look for an aircraft-only sale. I was lucky enough to find a private party selling a new one, but barring that, you can get the aircraft alone from Rotorlogic, and avoid yest another RC that you'll never use.

Reactions: mereflyer
Also, look for an aircraft-only sale. I was lucky enough to find a private party selling a new one, but barring that, you can get the aircraft alone from Rotorlogic, and avoid yest another RC that you'll never use.
Epic, my thoughts exactly and I have one spotted. Just waiting to confirm it will work with my existing Smart Controller. Do you use the Smart Controller with your 2S?

Nope, but thinking of getting the newer one (Pro?) with my future Mini 3 FMC purchase...

Works fine with the N1 that came with the Air 2. Don't know if that helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54