DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrade from Standard RC to RC Pro on Air 2S

spetersen

Reactions
I need advice what to do, due to the fact it's quite an expensive upgrade. I live in Thailand and have used several types of DJI drones, Platinum, Mini 1, Air 2 and all of them has/is the CE version, I ha have noticed that the signal to my current DJI A2S is very weak compaired to what the DJI sales specs. tells you. I use to get RC interference from 500m in urban areas and 1,2 km in the countryside. Hence I'm wondering if any one of you has made this upgrade and what your experience is and if it is feasable ?. I will get Occusync 3 A2S + Occusync 3+ RC Proor just scrap the idea and get a Tripltek pro 8 , it' wont do anything for the connection but I will get at least a much brigter screen than my iPad Air 2020. Appriciate any thougths from you guys/girls...

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
I wonder if you are restricted to the EU settings where you are. They require a lower power level than the US FCC. There is a modification that will adjust the remote to the FCC but I’m not familiar with the process. I‘m in the US so mine came with the higher power level. That said, the RC Pro performs better than the RC-N1 that comes as the basic remote. I’m not sure how much better but places I had drops prior I dont now.

I wonder if you are restricted to the EU settings where you are. They require a lower power level than the US FCC. There is a modification that will adjust the remote to the FCC but I’m not familiar with the process. I‘m in the US so mine came with the higher power level. That said, the RC Pro performs better than the RC-N1 that comes as the basic remote. I’m not sure how much better but places I had drops prior I dont now.
Thanks the CE version has a lower level of strength , apparently the RC should change automatically depending on where you are , I'm in South East Asia and we are using the CE level over here. As far I can see it , it's a matter of cost 1200 USD is not cheap... Fly safe mate

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
My experience using both is that the range is nearly the same, but I have less signal drop-outs in an urban environment with the RC Pro.

FWIW, I recently got the M3 cine and find the RC Pro signal to be lots, lots better than my prior Air2S with standard RC. Tripltek or cellphone with the standard RC does not matter.

I need advice what to do, due to the fact it's quite an expensive upgrade. I live in Thailand and have used several types of DJI drones, Platinum, Mini 1, Air 2 and all of them has/is the CE version, I ha have noticed that the signal to my current DJI A2S is very weak compaired to what the DJI sales specs. tells you. I use to get RC interference from 500m in urban areas and 1,2 km in the countryside. Hence I'm wondering if any one of you has made this upgrade and what your experience is and if it is feasable ?. I will get Occusync 3 A2S + Occusync 3+ RC Proor just scrap the idea and get a Tripltek pro 8 , it' wont do anything for the connection but I will get at least a much brigter screen than my iPad Air 2020. Appriciate any thougths from you guys/girls...
I upgraded to the Smart Controller Pro. I am super pleased with the way it works with my Air 2S. I had the Smart Controller that I sold. The price of the old controller is now up to $900. (I think). I purchased a 2S kit that included the Smart Controller Pro, The 2S and the fly more package for $1745. I thought the package was a great deal since the Controller Pro sells for $1199....

Reactions: stevearends
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e