DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgraded firmware - no image transmission - mavic pro 2

Reactions
Hi guys.
Upgraded the firmware on my mavic 2 Pro the other day.
Now I have zero image transmission.
I've tried downgrading, re installing, checked all connections, checked band widths, with no luck.

I have seen quite a few people have had this problem. But haven't seen much in the way of solutions. Some people have had to replace parts of the drone but haven't been specific in what they are. . . Whether it's the Gimbal mother board, Main mother board or the Main Circuit board.

Any solutions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

What do you mean exactly by "zero image transmission"? Are you saying that you aren't seeing any picture on your screen when you fly? Where have you seen this issue posted?

Re pairing doesn't work.
Have been trying desperately to find out what part I'd need to replace.
So far nothing from DJI to help

I guess all I would suggest is checking out some YouTube videos on pairing and make sure you have covered every step. After that, I’m pretty sure there are many threads on problems with pairing the devices. Maybe check those as well

I've checked literally everything and researched like a mad man.
It all seems to the firmware update just fucks a specific circuit board. It defo isn't a pairing issue. As everything else works perfectly other than the image feed.

What I need to know is what part needs to be replaced. main motherboard, main circuit board or gimbal motherboard

Hi guys.
Upgraded the firmware on my mavic 2 Pro the other day.
Now I have zero image transmission.
I've tried downgrading, re installing, checked all connections, checked band widths, with no luck.

I have seen quite a few people have had this problem. But haven't seen much in the way of solutions. Some people have had to replace parts of the drone but haven't been specific in what they are. . . Whether it's the Gimbal mother board, Main mother board or the Main Circuit board.

Any solutions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
i had this issue quite soon with updates, but i use two iPhones: my old 8Plus 256GB and sometimes my new new current Xs 512 512 GB.

In my case it is mostly some patience and the order i switched on the Mavic Pro AFTER the remote (i have two of them) and THEN the App DJI Go4. Once i had to hard reset my controller (if i remember well long press several buttons and the C1, it is in some video in Youtube Hard Resey controller) but even then my Xs app said ‘Not connected’ while the controller worked again. Then after three times, i got the video back. Since then i no longer update my software when it asks it on the app and i only had it once back WITH connection but without view. There i saw that the gimbal needs a flat surface and some time and i switched the Drone Mavica Pro itself off, and changed again the order and even had to restart my iPhone, which gives me the impression it is tye cable quality and iOS app problem specific for iPhone.

Let us know if one of these things, including restarting iOS 14.4 or higher helped. +je

Basically it got sent back to DJI who said it is the Gimbal Module that is broken. Though I belive the exact part is the Gimbal Motherboard. . . . I don't know exactly as DJI won't tell me the exact part that is damaged. . . They have not taken any responsibility for their firmware update breaking their drones. So if your out of warranty and don't have the drone care. Then be prepared to pay about £400

It would be an unfortunate coincidence if the part actually went faulty just as you updated the firmware but it wouldn’t be unheard of for a component or combination of components on a board to be incompatible with new firmware.
If you must update firmware for some newly available, never been seen before facility, just don’t be too eager. Wait for a week or two (maybe even longer) and monitor the forums for possible problems.

I did wait. I left it as long as possible until I was forced to update. There's been lots and lots of reports if thus specific update breaking drones. And DJI really don't give a ****.

Basically it got sent back to DJI who said it is the Gimbal Module that is broken. Though I belive the exact part is the Gimbal Motherboard. . . . I don't know exactly as DJI won't tell me the exact part that is damaged. . . They have not taken any responsibility for their firmware update breaking their drones. So if your out of warranty and don't have the drone care. Then be prepared to pay about £400
It still is electronics. i do hardware as well and mine are out if warranty. i replaced with a crash the cables to the gimball as well, but this is really high tech! So a price of 400 USD is not exagerated if you want thr best equipment in perfect order. You stated you flew so many times already, so with a car of so many kilometer, you have issues and repair as well. If it would be the update, DJI would have adjusted only with software. DJI knows what they do, is my opinion. +je

It still is electronics. i do hardware as well and mine are out if warranty. i replaced with a crash the cables to the gimball as well, but this is really high tech! So a price of 400 USD is not exagerated if you want thr best equipment in perfect order. You stated you flew so many times already, so with a car of so many kilometer, you have issues and repair as well. If it would be the update, DJI would have adjusted only with software. DJI knows what they do, is my opinion. +je
Yeah this has nothing to do with it. . . It's well documented that this firmware update has caused people's mavic 2's to fail.

Yeah this has nothing to do with it. . . It's well documented that this firmware update has caused people's mavic 2's to fail.
Sounds like discussion with two Tesla owners (clients of me): One is satisfied, the other feels like a victim to the fact they control the Tesla software. i understand both parties... Commercial and technical. Emotional is more difficult for me to understand, i was raised spartan between 11 kids of one loyal couple of parents that had hardly any ego. Sorry to hear this. +je

What are you even talking about?!

If a company provides you with a mandatory update that unfortunately damages your product, they should held accountable. Updates are supposed to support the consumer

What are you even talking about?!

If a company provides you with a mandatory update that unfortunately damages your product, they should held accountable. Updates are supposed to support the consumer
i am a scientist and technical. It is not sure that the update made the problem, sometimes things are different than they seem to us. i had this issue and was blaming an update but it had nothing to see with DJI software itself, after profound testing all the components. Look, they are stating now, 2021, in all countries in the papers that so many people die from corona without having even an autopsy on them and because doctors are slightly forced to check the box ‘Covid-19’ on the statistical document, while it is not examined even. You flew a lot, so there could be easily an issue with the wires to the camera/gimball like i had already. If you send it to DJI and they see on their checklist a replacement of the gimball, i think you should not blame the update. By the way, when there is a major update you sign an agreement that states there is an extra risk. Supppse the update contains an automatic selftest of the gimball, it is possible as well that the gimball is declassified as good. New car checks tests on more points than they used to. In 1989 i could drive further with a broken windshield in front, now European rules no longer allow this. i could fly as high as i wanted in 1989 without any control or registration, now i have A certificates and have to follow much more rules, wether i like that or not. i havr the impression you are shooting at the pianist... DJI has to follow procedures and standards. If you can do better, if i can do better, we have to repair
ourselves or use DJI Assistant, which they are so friendly to provide for us ‘at own risk’. +je

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11