DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrades

KingRat

Reactions
I have now spent all morning, since about 08.00 (it is now14.30) trying to work out how you do this upgrade thing... DJI Assistant2 won't let me in at all. It wants to join me up to Inspire2 - I have no idea what that is, but it is in a white background with a circle picture, I can't get rid of it.
I have downloaded the upgrade program, but I can't get it to see either my aircraft or my controller... tried unplugging and plugging back in, but it is all just stuck. I closed the wholeprogram down, restrated it and it went straight back to that 'join inspire2' page... how do you get to the upgrade page please? I am at my wits end with all this computer stuff. The video shows it as if it takes a few mnutes and is dead easy - it is anything but. Please help, I don't understand what I have done wrong, I have watched the upgrade video three times now and done exactly as it says. The upgrade progam doesn't see my DJI controller but I know it is connected properly because it is charging from the computer.

as it is an early MA1 it might need the original DJI assistant program to work
but besides that you can do firmware updates in the app just make sure you have all batteries charged drone RC and device connect everything up as if you were going to fly go in the app ,go to about and it will say what your current firmware is then touch check for updates and if there are any available it will then prompt you to do them take the props off and make sure the gimbal clamp is off before you start the drone

Reactions: Ron Caballero CAP
You probably have an issue with the usb driver, are you getting a tone when you plug it into the PC, followed immediately by a disconnect tone.
If the drone is correctly connected via the USB, you will see a Mavic Air square box icon instead of the Inspire 2 one which will disappear

What PC are you using is it a windows 10 machine ?

Not sure if you will be able to follow this but you need to locate and run the usb driver files
the file path is normally:

This PC>Local disk (c:)>Program Files (x86)>DJI Product>DJI Assistant 2>Driver_all>Driver_Win10

Then you need to select the relevant batch file for the type of operating system you have it's either 32 bit or 64 bit (see yellow) highlight.

1595776412453.png

Last edited:
You probably have an issue with the usb driver, are you getting a tone when you plug it into the PC, followed immediately by a disconnect tone.
If the drone is correctly connected via the USB, you will see a Mavic Air square box icon instead of the Inspire 2 one which will disappear

What PC are you using is it a windows 10 machine ?

Not sure if you will be able to follow this but you need to locate and run the usb driver files
the file path is normally:

This PC>Local disk (c:)>Program Files (x86)>DJI Product>DJI Assistant 2>Driver_all>Driver_Win10

Then you need to select the relevant batch file for the type of operating system you have it's either 32 bit or 64 bit (see yellow) highlight.

View attachment 108945

Strewth - I am going dizzy just looking at that lot!

I appreciate you trying to help, but you are right, that is way more compicated than anythng I have ever done on a computer. For instance, I have never used a printer on one. To me, it is an electronic typewrite and the means to download my pictures - nothing more complicated than that. That is why this is such an uphill struggle fo rme, everything about it is completely new and I have no previous grounding to build on. So it is proper jumping in the deep end stuff.

Yes, it is a Windows 10, but I have only had it a couple of weeks because my Windows 7 wouldn't work with this new stuff. I much preferred the Windows 7, it was easier.

as it is an early MA1 it might need the original DJI assistant program to work
but besides that you can do firmware updates in the app just make sure you have all batteries charged drone RC and device connect everything up as if you were going to fly go in the app ,go to about and it will say what your current firmware is then touch check for updates and if there are any available it will then prompt you to do them take the props off and make sure the gimbal clamp is off before you start the drone

Do you mean to make it ready to fly and then try to update it? How do I connect it to the computer to get the program to download? The cable for the tablet goes in the controller and then use the one from the controller to the computer?

How do I get to that page where it says there is a firmware update? Mine is saying 'magnetic iterference calibration required' now....

I don't which button it was...but I have found a page with 'check for updates' boxes on it. I have done each one and it says 'latest version' for all of them. the trouble is, I don't know how I got to it to check again next time. Battery has dropped from 100% to 58% just trying to find that.

How do you do the batteries, there was no check for the batteries:
Aircraft
Precision fly database
Basic fly database (or similar wording)

Just those three.

Just had a thought. (Careful).

If, when I am at home and near the wifi, if I turn it all on - tablet, controller and aircraft, and let it connect between itself, if it is all up to date, maybe that s why I am not seeing that red 'a firmware update is available' and I don't have to worry trying to chase an update that itsn't needed.... have I been chasing a ghost all day?

Do you mean to make it ready to fly and then try to update it? How do I connect it to the computer to get the program to download? The cable for the tablet goes in the controller and then use the one from the controller to the computer?
when you update in the app you dont use the computer at all you need to be in range of your WIFI have it all connected as if you were going to fly ,so thats app selected rc connected to the device and finally drone connected to the RC ,then once it is connected then you can go into the app and check for updates,if it does not require any it will say latest firmware so there is no need to do an update ,if you have multiple batteries the one in the drone during the update will be updated at the same time, then when you put the next one in it will tell you if an update is needed for the battery, and so on till they are all updated ,also during the update the RC will be included just give it time to finish before you turn off everything ,sometimes it will say turn off the drone and then back on again to finish the update ,do this without switching off the RC or device this allows the new parameters to be stored in the drone ,when you have finished go into the settings in the app,and check that your flight settings are the same as before the update ,as sometimes they are reset to factory settings

when you update in the app you dont use the computer at all you need to be in range of your WIFI have it all connected as if you were going to fly ,so thats app selected rc connected to the device and finally drone connected to the RC ,then once it is connected then you can go into the app and check for updates,if it does not require any it will say latest firmware so there is no need to do an update ,if you have multiple batteries the one in the drone during the update will be updated at the same time, then when you put the next one in it will tell you if an update is needed for the battery, and so on till they are all updated ,also during the update the RC will be included just give it time to finish before you turn off everything ,sometimes it will say turn off the drone and then back on again to finish the update ,do this without switching off the RC or device this allows the new parameters to be stored in the drone ,when you have finished go into the settings in the app,and check that your flight settings are the same as before the update ,as sometimes they are reset to factory settings

Brilliant. Thank you.
I think it is up to date, because I don't get the red bar saying there is a new update. I have a feeling half the trouble I have been having is because I have been searching for an udate that isn't there.... or was already in the system. Thank you for your patience. I am not rude, just incompetent and I appreciate you giving me a second chance.

Reactions: old man mavic
I feel ya, started with windows 7 no go, went to windows 10 still couldn't get it to work. I just kept trying finally got to the calibration screen and it just stayed there, but the next time EVERYTHING went though no more warnings! When ur on the screen connect to inspire and ur connected to ur drone u do have it on and running? If so there should be a boxin the left side of the screen come up that says mavic air click on that and follow instructions! Hope this helps keep trying it will go through eventually!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22