DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrading From Mavic Air 1

If you want to wait over a year or so to see IF a MA3 is released, then you can ?
Depends how soon you want to upgrade.

The Mavic Air is Fly...I just want the next best thing to upgrade to.

Recreational only...I could care less about pics.

Not everyone who is a Drone Driver is also a photographer...Some of us just like flying.

Reactions: Sjkieffer
According to the posts...I should wait for the 3 since the “S” in 2s stands for sucks!

The Early Adopters apparently got ripped off, and wished that they waited for an actual improvement in this space.

2s’s are dropping out of the sky, & you skirts won’t address this obvious fatal flaw...WassupWitYou Pilots?

I considered the Air 2 to be a massive upgrade over the Air 1 and so the 2S is even more so. The key feature is Occusync which the Air 1 does not have (being only WiFi). The difference in video transmission quality and range is quite significant.
However, if you aren't interested in pictures and only flying then I wouldn't buy a 2S. The key difference is really the camera and if you aren't a photographer then that is wasted. Maybe pick up a second hand Air 2 for a big discount?

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Thanks for the poignant feedback...I’ll check out a second hand 2.

Just upgraded from og air to the air 2s. Somehow it didn't drop out of the sky in the first 60 minutes of flight. Recharging the batteries now to see if I can get it to drop out of the sky over Charleston harbor later today. Going to try fpv flying later also.

Just upgraded from og air to the air 2s. Somehow it didn't drop out of the sky in the first 60 minutes of flight. Recharging the batteries now to see if I can get it to drop out of the sky over Charleston harbor later today. Going to try fpv flying later also.
Have over 20 flights with mine now, no problems, and a nice upgrade from the Air 2 ?? It’s a no brainer if the current drone is a MA1!

Reactions: Moving Zen
Roger that....I just don’t want to splurge on the 2s, and then the 3 hits in August...

Have over 20 flights with mine now, no problems, and a nice upgrade from the Air 2 ?? It’s a no brainer if the current drone is a MA1!
I'm enjoying it so far and feel like the range compared to my air 1 with a range extender is much better. The one thing that always bothered me about the air 1 was that I had to continually increase altitude to keep signal connection as I ventured further away. I flew a mile and a half today holding a great connection while never going 20 ft above sea level. I'm no better than a basic amateur photographer but I did take this picture of Fort Sumter today.

DJI_0017-HDR.jpg

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu