DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrading the firmware: What to do after it's updated

Pmason718

Reactions
Can someone please list what should be done after upgrading the firmware. (IMU calibration, etc) I feel like we have some new pilots that can benefit from these tips

Re-calibrations are not necessary unless prompted to do so by the software. But you do need to go back into your Go4 app and check all your settings, as these can sometimes be reset to defaults. Go through every item in every menu just to be sure, paying special attention to items like RTH heights and behaviors.

Last edited:
1. Calibrate IMU
2. Check all settings
3. Calibrate compass before flight

Re-calibrations are not necessary unless prompted to do so by the software. But you do need to go back into your Go4 app and check all your settings, as these can sometimes be reset to defaults. Go through every item in every menu just to be sure.
word. because they will all go back to factory settings and something bad will happen.

1. Calibrate IMU
2. Check all settings
3. Calibrate compass before flight
IMU and compass re-calibrations are specifically not recommended by DJI unless the software prompts you to.
After 200 flights and numerous updates, I have never calibrated anything on my Mavic, and it flies flawlessly..

IMU and compass re-calibrations are specifically not recommended by DJI unless the software prompts you to.
After 200 flights and numerous updates, I have never calibrated anything on my Mavic, and it flies flawlessly..

I never did this either but after the last firmware upgrade I decided to do this hopefully I didn't screw anything up you know the saying if it ain't broke don't fix it. Compass 1 under the Compass setting is showing a little less green than originally but before I decide to fly I will calibrate it again. compass.png

never calibrated anything except compas and gimbal. I check all flight settings and re calibrate compass if i am in an open area apart from that no IMU etc. she is rck steady so far.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair