DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upload At Altitude

lou101

Reactions
When using Litchi or any other control software that allows setting waypoints, does uploading your mission with drone in the air alter the heights achieved at each waypoint? For example:
Waypoint1 is set for 100 feet above ground and Waypoint2 is set for 40 feet above ground. If I upload mission with drone already 20 feet in the air, will the drone fly to 120 feet for Waypoint1 and 60 feet for Waypoint2 or will drone fly to programmed heights of 100 ft and 40 ft?

When using Litchi or any other control software that allows setting waypoints, does uploading your mission with drone in the air alter the heights achieved at each waypoint? For example:
Waypoint1 is set for 100 feet above ground and Waypoint2 is set for 40 feet above ground. If I upload mission with drone already 20 feet in the air, will the drone fly to 120 feet for Waypoint1 and 60 feet for Waypoint2 or will drone fly to programmed heights of 100 ft and 40 ft?
All drone heights are still going to be relative to launch point = zero.

@meta. Thanks for the response. Now I understand why the emphasis is on WP1 being near your launch point.

I am not sure that @Meta4's answer has clarified this totally.

If you have used Litchi's "Above Ground" feature:
1601816362220.png
no matter where the drone is when you upload the Mission, the drone will fly to the absolute position specified by the:
- Latitude
- Longitude, and
- Above Ground Level height
Ensure your drone's position after take-off allows a safe flight to Waypoint 1.

In your example, if you uploaded your mission whilst the drone was "20 feet in the air" and fairly close to your Mission starting point, it will fly upwards by around 80 feet to reach Waypoint 1 ("100 feet above ground"). It will then either ascend, fly level or descend to reach your next Waypoint, depending on the height of the terrain at Waypoint 2.

I am not sure that @Meta4's answer has clarified this totally.

If you have used Litchi's "Above Ground" feature:
View attachment 114422
no matter where the drone is when you upload the Mission, the drone will fly to the absolute position specified by the:
- Latitude
- Longitude, and
- Above Ground Level height
Ensure your drone's position after take-off allows a safe flight to Waypoint 1.

In your example, if you uploaded your mission whilst the drone was "20 feet in the air" and fairly close to your Mission starting point, it will fly upwards by around 80 feet to reach Waypoint 1 ("100 feet above ground"). It will then either ascend, fly level or descend to reach your next Waypoint, depending on the height of the terrain at Waypoint 2.
@Facherty Thanks for the clarification. This is info I'm sure a lot of people take for granted when flying their birds.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000