DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upload Quality Question

Nichtj

Reactions
Have a question regarding video quality. Just for quick background, have settings at 1080P, 48 fps and everything else on auto.

When I have upload to YouTube in the past, I have been less than impressed with video quality. I have always upload from my device (Samsung S7 and now s8). My question, would there be a difference in video quality with me uploading direct from device as I have been, vs SD card adapter, putting file on computer and uploading from there?

I'm not a cinematographer by any means and don't "edit" my videos. Simply want the best quality I can get from them as they are. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

For starters Mavic doesn't handle more then 30fps very well. It will always look crap. Stick to 24, 25 or 30fps

Absolutely, what you have on your phone after a flight is a lower resolution, much more compressed version that will also have sufferered from transmission drops and artifacts.

1080 is one of the worst resolutions you can shoot in with the Mavic, use 2.7k or 4k at 24 or 30fps. If you're not going to edit any videos you need to at least change your color profile, leave everything else on auto and hope for the best.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada