DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

US Army orders DJI drone use "discontinued"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
US Army calls for units to discontinue use of DJI equipment - sUAS News - The Business of Drones

Due to increased awareness of cyber vulnerabilities associated with DJI products, it is directed that the U.S. Army halt use of all DJI products. This guidance applies to all DJI UAS and any system that employs DJI electrical components or software including, but not limited to, flight computers, cameras, radios, batteries, speed controllers, GPS units, handheld control stations, or devices with DJI software applications installed.

Last edited:
US Army calls for units to discontinue use of DJI equipment - sUAS News - The Business of Drones

Due to increased awareness of cyber vulnerabilities associated with DJI products, it is directed that the U.S. Army halt use of all DJI products. This guidance applies to all DJI UAS and any system that employs DJI electrical components or software including, but not limited to, flight computers, cameras, radios, batteries, speed controllers, GPS units, handheld control stations, or devices with DJI software applications installed.
I'm confused.. Are they asking or telling? Also, what exactly is the problem?

I'm confused.. Are they asking or telling? Also, what exactly is the problem?

Go to the link. All is explained there. In essence the Army has directed all Army DJI drone use to be discontinued over data risks.

I am UK based and a civilian now - was army for a few years - but some military guys warned me that this was going to happen.

All the info goes direct to China from your UAV?? - Just my guess.

- log data (sparse) probably does go to DJI from the app as part of DJI's liability reduction. Recall you need to be logged in via the app to fly more than 50m away and 30 m high.

Comment: The Army is probably not amused at the notion of operational data ending up with a commercial 3rd party located in a country that's not particularly aggressive at curbing its beeyatch nuclear weapon experimenting and intercontinental missile developing nation next door.

- data in the onboard SD - a crashed drone could be recovered by 3rd parties, the SD card removed and analyzed for past info of potential use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121