DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

US Military pocket size drones

great how long before they are available on amazon dont have to worry about VLOS with these

Reactions: Former Member
That's quite possible - FLIR and DJI have a pretty close relationship.

You think so? US Army deploying rebranded DJI drones for recon missions against possibly their very own makers or others of their maker’s interest? That would be interesting; the watchers watching the watchers...

I think there are plenty of domestic and more secure makers that could do it - Boeing, AeroVironment, General Dynamics, Lockheed, etc.

Last edited:
You think so? US Army deploying rebranded DJI drones for recon missions against possibly their very own makers or others of their maker’s interest? That would be interesting; the watchers watching the watchers...

I think there are plenty of domestic and more secure makers that could do it - Boeing, AeroVironment, General Dynamics, Lockheed, etc.

It likely wouldn't be DJI firmware - just hardware.

It just dawned on me that this is a recon drone, and not an assault drone. I wonder when the military will implement smaller scale quadcopters as attack weapons? We all know about the Predator, but that is fixed wing, and so passé. Also, who needs an AH-64 when you could have an armed-to-the-teeth octacopter with no risk to the pilot?

It's so random how the press and the government are so worried about terrorist attacks by our little hobby quadcopter drones, but our own military doesnt even have or use any.

i remember seeing this 3 ? years a go?? 25,000.00 $$$$$a(NORWEGIAN BUILD ,....) Pop , Wow Talk about mark up,.. for a defenses ContraKKKtor ,.. i feel so safe NOW.
Hey frank how ya doing? I saw these on NCIS LA recently so the word was out, and they paid less.

It just dawned on me that this is a recon drone, and not an assault drone. I wonder when the military will implement smaller scale quadcopters as attack weapons? We all know about the Predator, but that is fixed wing, and so passé. Also, who needs an AH-64 when you could have an armed-to-the-teeth octacopter with no risk to the pilot?

It's so random how the press and the government are so worried about terrorist attacks by our little hobby quadcopter drones, but our own military doesnt even have or use any.

Slaughterbots!
'Slaughterbots' film shows potential horrors of killer drones

Are you sure that you are aware of what the military is using, especially for covert work? For regular military operations, small UAVs are rather limited in weapons payload, and not particularly useful when there are other, better options. Surveillance is the obvious role but is going to be fairly intensive in terms of development.

Reactions: macoman
Are you sure that you are aware of what the military is using, especially for covert work? For regular military operations, small UAVs are rather limited in weapons payload, and not particularly useful when there are other, better options. Surveillance is the obvious role but is going to be fairly intensive in terms of development.

Nope, Im not familiar... All I ever see is Predator this, and Predator that. I dont know if anyone (maybe you do?) knows what covert ops are using except for the ops teams, but if they told us, they would probably have to kill us.

Our enemies seem to be using them against us in other countries, and weaponizing smaller drones on suicide missions, but nothing about what our forces are using against our enemies.

Reactions: macoman and sar104

Ah you opened my eyes to one more thing. One of the most terrorizing weapons that the Japanese used in the Pacific in WW2 was the Kamikaze. Fearless, determined, accurate, and terrifying to those on the receiving end. The Germans used the V1 and V2. Americans used carpet bombing.

Surely there must be a way, maybe there is one that I dont know of, that can use smaller scale drones to take out targets, without the cost of an AGM-65 or Tomahawk.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji